Galaxy Tab S2 or Air 2?

sfsuphysics

[H]F Junkie
I'll throw this out there that I know not too much about tablets, I kind of see them as over sized smartphones that don't make phone calls. Anyways wife was playing around with her aunt's old ipad (I think gen 2), and has made mention of wanting one. I took this as "one" tablet that doesn't suck ass.

So far I'm leaning towards the Samsung, simply because I do not want to give into the Apple con, of charging you an extra $100 for $20 worth of memory (or whatever). Samsung at least allows microSD for storage so that's cool on that front. Plus her phone is also a Samsung so she should have familiarity with the OS. (or more to the point, me as "fix it it doesn't work" does). Plus it's about $100 cheaper.

So my question isn't so much "which one is better" since they both seem fairly identical, maybe more vivid colors on the Samsung (supposedly) but ... is there any compelling reason why I should get the Air 2 over the Samsung?

Seems your choice is easy. Familiarity with Samsung and Android, microSD, not an Apple fan...

Tab S2.

I tend to agree with you on tablets. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and all I ever use it for is reading and Netflix/TV.

I have the Tab S2 and like it a lot, it is a really good tablet. Light, best screen in any tablet, battery life is good not outstanding. I use it for web browsing on the couch / in bed, and watching media in bed. It has pretty much replaced my laptop.

I agree with above, since you already are invested in the Android eco-system stick with that. You won't have to rebuy any app purchases made on google store as they follow the account.

Only reason someone would hang on to iPad is existing investment in iOS apps but since you don't have that problem the Galaxy Tab S2 is superior in hardware, OS, expansion capability, much closer to a PC replacement and for less money.

I love my iPad but Galaxy is my favorite. Lighter, faster, and expandable memory.

Thanks guys, just confirmed to me that there isn't any magical unicorn blood that makes the Air 2 that much more desirable. Also noticed at CostCo in addition to the $100 off, there is a free book sleeve, not sure if it's worth that much, but knowing CostCo it's might be worth a few bucks, plus a free year of Netflix, so hey bonus!

Thanks guys, just confirmed to me that there isn't any magical unicorn blood that makes the Air 2 that much more desirable. Also noticed at CostCo in addition to the $100 off, there is a free book sleeve, not sure if it's worth that much, but knowing CostCo it's might be worth a few bucks, plus a free year of Netflix, so hey bonus!

Well, the iPad Air 2 is objectively faster and has a better tablet app ecosystem, but yeah... in this case, the Galaxy Tab S2 makes more sense, especially with the fire sale pricing.

I think Samsung would be the best option for your wife.As you mentioned that she is currently using Samsung phone so it would be quite easier to use Tab2. Personally, I like Samsung products.

Back