Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch or Asus MeMo Pad HD 7?

guitarguy6

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to pick up a cheap tablet mostly for internet browsing and e-reading. Both the Memo Pad and Galaxy tab 3 are $150 right now. Which would you guys prefer. I'm leaning towards the Memo due to the higher PPI but I don't know if that really matters on a 7 inch display.

Much better experience with the Nexus 7 2013. Watch for the $179 deal on the 16GB which has popped up quite frequently.

Much better experience with the Nexus 7 2013. Watch for the $179 deal on the 16GB which has popped up quite frequently.

In Canada I haven't seen it at that price unfortunately. I could always wait until boxing day and see if there's a sale on the Nexus.

I agree with mi7chy. You can't go wrong with the Nexus 7. I owned the first gen and was an amazing tablet at it's price point, only reason I sold it was because I didn't use it frequent enough.

I ended up getting the Tab 3 7" for $135 and it's better than I expected. If the Nexus 7 2013 goes on sale for boxing day I'll pick one up.

Nexus is going to be better because of portability and functionality and cause ASUS > Samsung

Nexus is going to be better because of portability and functionality and cause ASUS > Samsung

Care to elaborate? They are both 7" tablets so I don't see how one is more portable than the other. They both run android so I don't see how the Nexus would be more functional, it actually doesn't have a micro sd slot or ir blaster which the Samsung does. If they were the same price I definitely would have went with the Nexus 7 2013 but it's not worth the extra $115 it would have cost me for what I'm using it for.

Back