Galaxy S9 Horizontal Black bar on screen

rive22

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody ever have anything like this? It's very very faint, it looks like a security strip in a bank note. It just started yesterday. It's not enough to be a big deal, but can be a bit distracting sometimes. Is the screen going bad? I would take a pic, but it's too faint.

Upon very close inspection it appears to be about 5/8" of an inch thick actually, but the very top part slightly more visible about as thick as a security strip. The only thing different is I started wireless charging the other week and it makes the phone warm. I hope not warm enough to warp anything though.

This is on blank wallpaper with no windows open underneath it.

Last edited:
If it persists on any image on the screen or during bootup, then it's def a display issue and I would RMA ASAP if it's still under warranty. Sometimes screens just die or start dying. My wife's previous Note 5 display suddenly started deteriorating one day, like the colors started fading to black in one spot and throughout the next 24 hours the entire screen faded and died. No idea why or how, but Samsung RMA'd it at the time with no issues.

Back