Galaxy S7 Leak Suggests Larger Battery And Return Of MicroSD Slot

Zarathustra[H];1042080046 said:
The only way I'd ever buy a Samsung phone again is if it is boot loader unlocked (or easily unlockable) and there is an official CyanogenMod build for it.

They have bastardized Android to unrecognizeability, and added so much useless bloat that it makes me want to cry.

Then again, so have LG and HTC.

Motorola is still pretty good, but who knows what LG is planning for their future devices.

Heck, even OnePlus is starting the Android customization thing. Ugh.

When will these companies realize that we want them to set themselves apart in core performance metrics of the hardware. Good quality screens, fast processors, sdcard slots, replaceable batteries, long battery life.

These are the things that matter.

The OS should be identical across all of them, unmolested by the hardware OEM.

Essentially, the Windows model.

(And while we are at it, let's get rid of all carrier branding in the software, and get rid of carrier or hardware OEM control of updates, and have Google push software patches straight to phones, just like the Windows model.)

Side Note:

I recently bought a used Asus Zenfone 2 for $140 in perfect like new condition to use while I traveled in Brazil (wanted LTE band 3 and 7 support)

I wasn't expecting much from it, but damn, that was one fantastic phone. I actually think I liked it more than my Droid Turbo, despite its bargain price and relatively low specs.

The OS wasn't 100% vanilla android, but it was pretty close. The few changes they made were actually ones that made sense (like a searchable app drawer)

It did have some uninstallable bloat though, which was unfortunate.

Once my contract expires with Verizon, I'll probably be looking at something like the Zenfone on an MVNO.

I have ired of Verizon's inflexibility and control-freakedness.

I went back to iPhone for that reason. HTC was very tempting though, they had a decent product just poor battery life.

I'm on a HTC one m8 and it seems to be good. Lasts the whole day unless I stream youtube for 5 hours. Compared to my iPhone 5 and galaxy S2 I had its a lot better (I don't like to upgrade phones and the iPhone was a forced work phone)

I'm on a HTC one m8 and it seems to be good. Lasts the whole day unless I stream youtube for 5 hours. Compared to my iPhone 5 and galaxy S2 I had its a lot better (I don't like to upgrade phones and the iPhone was a forced work phone)

Both my Droid Turbo, and - believe it or not - my Asus Zenfone 2 -seemed to outlast my fiancé's iPhone 6 quite significantly.

I can't speak to comparative usage and charging habits though.

Im happy with my note 5. Had the note 3 before, with a 64 gb micro sd card for storage. I made it my business to have the 64 gb version of the note 5, and im pretty happy with it. The battery is good enough to last a full day even though there is little to no signal at work.

The M8 was king for its time but I'm not going to move to a phone that is 2+ years old. Their current phone just isn't that good.

The A9 looks nice, I might pick that up if it ever hits sub $200.

Samsung shot themselves in the foot by removing micro SD expansion and implementing a non-removable battery, smh

heeh.yeah. like a certain new operating system.... create a "new and improved" version that has less functionality and options then the former.

They lost me... i'm still on my S3. And if i can't find a phone thgat at least has decent battery and a mSD slot.. they can all E.A.D. and i'll stay on it longer. Sick of people gobbling up new shit just because its new and not because its new nor that much better.

Have you considered the LG V10? Removable battery, sd card slot.

Have you considered the LG V10? Removable battery, sd card slot.

Yea I looked at it, it seems decent overall if you are looking for a phablet. I'm stuck in the Galaxy S3 camp for the forseeable future as that is the largest I want my phone.

Back