Galaxy S5 mini vs S6 mini

djstarfox

Gawd
As best I can tell, there's no way to get North American LTE radios in S5 Mini; only the international version is for sale. Does anyone know if the S5 Mini will ever come out in the USA? SM-G800M?

Also, would it be worth waiting for the S6 Mini to come out? I need to get a new phone soon (old one is dying a slow, software corruption death). I seriously thought about the iPhone, until its evil twin iTunes came to mind.

One of my requirements is the screen size must be 4.75" or smaller. I don't want a big phone.

I cant recommend the Z3 line from Sony enough, I have one and love it, moved from a Nokia 521 (wifes now) and have a Xperia Z3, I hear the Compact's are awesome.

The S6 mini would be worth waiting for if and only if the same internal and camera specs are kept.

Apple has worked pretty hard to get the iPhone iTunes independent, including for OS and App updates. The only time iTunes would come into play for you is if your phone crashes out and need a restore. There are ways to do everything else, including file transfers (iCloud, Dropbox, etc). Not saying you should go with an iPhone, but that it doesn't necessarily need to be eliminated from your choices should you want one.
I'll also go on record stating that iTunes isn't that bad. I use it daily. I won't say I'm a fan of it (I'm not, I think foobar2000 is far superior), but I'm in Apple's ecosystem and it does what I need it to do.

As best I can tell, there's no way to get North American LTE radios in S5 Mini; only the international version is for sale. Does anyone know if the S5 Mini will ever come out in the USA? SM-G800M?

Also, would it be worth waiting for the S6 Mini to come out? I need to get a new phone soon (old one is dying a slow, software corruption death). I seriously thought about the iPhone, until its evil twin iTunes came to mind.

There is almost no reason to connect an iPhone to a PC. Backup is straight to iCloud and you never really have to touch anything. You can copy media files over WiFi now (use the VLC app) so even if you are one of those people with 40GB of movies they absolutely "need" on the phone, you can still do it.

Back