Galaxy S4 HSPA+ vs. HTC One LTE?

Mister Celery

Weaksauce
Hey Guys,

I'm in a dilemma right now. I just purchased a Verizon S4 a week or two ago to use on Straight Talk (AT&T) that I got for a sweet deal. The problem is.... it gets HSPA+ only.

I also found a great deal today on a T-Mobile HTC One (this one has AWS bands + AT&T Lte band) which will work for straight talk new lte program.

I was hoping to get some input in which one to get (the htc is about 35 bucks more).

My goal is to have a non dud device that will work. I mostly call, text, and email with the occasional web surfing. I don't play much games on my phone but I do stream Pandora on occasion.

Battery life and a Robust Build is very important to me. Opinions? Which one should I keep?

I'd get the One. Battery life will be pretty similar. Build is much better on the One, but I did just leave my Note 2 in a deep puddle (completely submerged) yesterday for 10 mins without realizing it and it works perfectly fine right now somehow. So "robust build" can mean different things.

I'd get the One. Battery life will be pretty similar. Build is much better on the One, but I did just leave my Note 2 in a deep puddle (completely submerged) yesterday for 10 mins without realizing it and it works perfectly fine right now somehow. So "robust build" can mean different things.

Thanks for the response. In terms of robust, I mean it wont break easily :p like the iphone 4, 4s, and nexus 4 rear glass backing. I don't want my phone to bust easily lol. I take good care of my phones but just in case of those "accidents" I want my phone safe (of course I will be putting a case on it)

So Galaxy S4 (0) - HTC One (1)

anyone else have an opinion

I think they all bust easily, and with a case that might be a moot point.

S4 for modular-ity.....can swap out battery for a higher MA battery.....

HTC One for sound quality, even though the Beats is pure tash, the speakers are at least facing you.

And BOTH get:

Looks
Software Suites
Proformence
Battery life

Err... Beats is actually good on the HTC One. Read reviews...

LG G2 > HTC One > Galaxy S4

Also, LOL at Straight Talk (and, given the price and dead CDMA technology, Verizon). Why am I the only one here to have discovered Aio wireless so far? That's what you guys should use too. (no I don't work for them either heh)

I think they all bust easily, and with a case that might be a moot point.

That is true but I do want the structural integrity/design to be in place. It's like extra insurance knowing that if its built well and protected well... It should last for a long time

So I see 1 extra vote for the S4 and 2 for the HTC one

So Galaxy S4 (1) - HTC One (3)

Thanks for your input guys!

LG G2 > HTC One > Galaxy S4

Also, LOL at Straight Talk (and, given the price and dead CDMA technology, Verizon). Why am I the only one here to have discovered Aio wireless so far? That's what you guys should use too. (no I don't work for them either heh)

I thought AIO = Straight Talk...? They are the same family/company....that uses both AT&T's network

That is true but I do want the structural integrity/design to be in place. It's like extra insurance knowing that if its built well and protected well... It should last for a long time

So I see 1 extra vote for the S4 and 2 for the HTC one

So Galaxy S4 (1) - HTC One (3)

Thanks for your input guys!

I thought AIO = Straight Talk...? They are the same family/company....that uses both AT&T's network

AT&T fully owns Aio and Aio has been clear about their data plans from the start, unlike Straight Talk. There is a thread on here about Straight Talk fixing their plans, but as far as I'm concerned, it's too little, too late.

AT&T fully owns Aio and Aio has been clear about their data plans from the start, unlike Straight Talk. There is a thread on here about Straight Talk fixing their plans, but as far as I'm concerned, it's too little, too late.

I'll take 2.5GB of LTE at $45 rather than 2GB of LTE at $55, thanks.

The G2 works on Straight talk doesn't it? Why even bother with the S4 or One?

I'll take 2.5GB of LTE at $45 rather than 2GB of LTE at $55, thanks.

If you can trust them, go for it... Personally, I'd say it's going to be tough for them to bring their reputation up enough for me to recommend them.

The G2 works on Straight talk doesn't it? Why even bother with the S4 or One?

Yeah. Why anyone would still be considering an S4 boggles my mind. G2 is better in every way. As far as the One goes, it has relatively good speakers, but I can't think of any other areas in which the G2 isn't better...

I personally love the HTC One, HTC seems to be more committed to updates from what I have seen and having HTCDev.com to unlock my phone's bootloader is a nice touch (you still have a bit of a cat and mouse game with the carriers however for root to unlock).

I upgraded from the HTC One X to the HTC One almost exclusively for the front facing speakers. They make a huge difference for me when using the phone as a GPS in the car. The rear facing speakers on other phones just suck for trying to hear the GPS over road noise and the radio at a reasonable level.

My goal is to have a non dud device that will work. I mostly call, text, and email with the occasional web surfing. I don't play much games on my phone but I do stream Pandora on occasion.

Battery life and a Robust Build is very important to me. Opinions? Which one should I keep?

From all that, HTC One is the obvious choice.

Back