Galaxy S3 Problems

p0lish

Gawd
So i have a Galaxy S3 from AT&T, a Pebble Watch, and use bluetooth in my car often. My problem was with the stock firmware, the pebble watch causes a known error in the samsung firmware that turns on talk back (accessibility for the blind) and it's super annoying. I rooted, installed CM10 which is good & fast, however the bluetooth is barely usable in my car. Constant disconnects, freezes, Pandora doesn't work 90% of the time. Samsung has reportedly fixed the bug, but the fix isn't expected to come out until 4.2.2 is released sometime close to November. Am i screwed? I know it seems like not a huge deal, but bluetooth support for AOSP roms supposedly will never be great, and if talk back gets turned on it's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel like i'm stuck. Anyone have a similar problem/solution?

Why not stay on the stock ROM but disable Talk Balk or uninstall it using Titanium Backup?

Talk back is disabled, but the bug causes it to turn on even though it's marked disabled. There's some work arounds, but they involve disabling google text to speech, and samsung text to speech. That means no voice navigation, which i would miss.

Talk back is disabled, but the bug causes it to turn on even though it's marked disabled. There's some work arounds, but they involve disabling google text to speech, and samsung text to speech. That means no voice navigation, which i would miss.

Why not just uninstall Talk Balk then?

i do not believe you can uninstall it. i think you can disable it, but not remove it? Disabling it doesn't work though.

how can you uninstall it? not disable, uninstall. also i don't want to lose text to speech.

Back