Galaxy Offers 3-Year Warranty

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The guys at Galaxy have been watching the HardForum intently and have heard what you guys have to say.

“Galaxy has listened to the enthusiast market and we are glad to move from a 2 year warranty to a 3 year warranty by registration. We will continue to push the limits of performance through Galaxy internal engineering and high end quality with our own manufacturing lines, now we are backed with a 3 year warranty to further service Galaxy customers” said Ric Lewis, Galaxy US sales.

We asked Galaxy about customers who have purchased recently and if the new extended warranty will be offered. If you purchased a Galaxy card since 7/15/2011 you can still register for the warranty extension.

Nice, that makes them a contender for my next nVidia cards once the 28nm chips have launched. :)

Anybody had a need for the Galaxy offers toll free 24/7 US tech support, and what was their experience?

My next build will include as many galaxy parts as possible. Gotta love a company that stands behind its products.

Well the technical praise, performance and great policies combined sure makes Galaxy a number one contender for my up and coming BF3 video card ...oh and the 6-8 friends who always buy the exact piece of hardware that I tell them to hehe, I doubt I am very unique in that respect compared to the general population here at [H]

Nobody offers a lifetime warranty on nVidia GPU's anymore?

I really can't say I care about warranty.

Either the card dies from a defect in the first month, or it's my fault.

I like this. Because I tend to buy video cards for the long term (2+ years), warranty tends to be high on list the more expensive the card ($100+). Performance is secondary as long as it's within the pack.

How often do you sit there looking at the card thinking "mmm this is a good looking card"? :p

If I am deciding between 2 similarly priced cards that has definitely been a tie breaker in the past. I view almost anything the same way why would you not make it good looking? The cost difference is almost nothing.

I will buy their brand next time, a company that listens in this day of greed, rare.

How often do you sit there looking at the card thinking "mmm this is a good looking card"? :p

You have no idea :D i like everything to match, if the pcb color or cooler on a card is ugly i won't buy it (unless it was a dramatic price different then i just might consider it)

Most of the cases I've owned didn't feature a case window, so the appearance of my graphics cards didn't really have any effect on me.

I've heard people say their lifetime warranty is for that specific video cards production life, so once it's EOL you are screwed.

Not exactly. I recently RMA'd an EVGA 780i FTW mobo, which is no longer or sold by EVGA, and they did not have any replacements in stock. So, they offered me a X58 board as a replacement.

If you call or email them about your registered product, I've found they are willing to work with you even if the product is EOL.

Pny does also but I don't know how good their service is.

I've heard people say their lifetime warranty is for that specific video cards production life, so once it's EOL you are screwed.

Exactly, once the product is not sold anymore, the LIFETIME according to PNY is over.

Not exactly. I recently RMA'd an EVGA 780i FTW mobo....

He is not talking about EVGA.

Why is everyone so excited about a company extending their warranty from two years to three years then when another company already offers a lifetime warranty?

Maybe they like Galaxy better?

Why is everyone so excited about a company extending their warranty from two years to three years then when another company already offers a lifetime warranty?

Real lifetime warranties are cool and all if you plan to keep your card around that long, but a company going to 3 years warranty is a big deal, imo. 3 years warranty is virtually a "lifetime" for most folks. I wish I could at least hold on to my cards for 1 year. I usually sell and upgrade well before 3 years, let alone 2.

Another upside with galaxy cards is that you can usually find them cheaper compared to other brands. Galaxy providing 3 year warranty is just icing on the cake.

Another upside with galaxy cards is that you can usually find them cheaper compared to other brands. Galaxy providing 3 year warranty is just icing on the cake.

That would be Gainward and Palit. Galaxy is more expensive that most other good brands, like EVGA, ASUS, MSI, etc.

Pny does also but I don't know how good their service is.

Same with Sparkle. Haven't bothered to dig into their warranty to see if it's modder friendly or how lifetime their lifetime is. Haven't had to deal with their support either so no clue what they're like.

If you can transfer warranty ill definitely buy Galaxy products. I'll definitely consider them now with the new warranty. GreG job Galaxy!

Because it shows a positive change in company policy. Doesnt detract one bit from EVGA.

Often I have seen deals were Galaxy is the lowest priced card of a particular GPU. Also they usually have an aftermarket cooler that is at least as effective as stock cooling if not cooler and/or quieter. The only thing that concerned me is how well those aftermarket coolers are made. Two years seemed a little to short to me, 3 years is great. I would be willing to buy a Galaxy card now without worrying that the (sometimes fragile looking) coolers will fall apart on me 2 years and 1 week later. Lifetime warranty is great of course, but I haven't ever used a card for a whole 3 years, even in a back up system.

Dollar for dollar I will go EVGA every time, but if I can save enough money, I will give Galaxy a try now.

EVGA's lifetime warranty doesn't mean much to me - and I suspect most of us here - in practice, because we get rid of our cards every 6-12 months.

EVGA policy is technically an overall negative because unless Asus or MSI, you can't transfer the warranty since it requires not just serial # but invoice.

Of course, the advantage is that it's an American company so dealing with their support isn't a pain in the ass, unlike the situation with Taiwanese-based companies.

Back