Galaxy Note 7 shipments suspended over reports of exploding units

I'll let you know if mine blows up and burns my house down after the screen gets scratched and I chuck it across the room in frustration of the 486 like performance...

In the mean time, I love my Note 7. I'm currently rocking it naked with no case or screen protector (gasp!).

Seriously, this stuff is completely over blown.

Sorry for the people in the UK who have to wait a bit longer to get their habfs on the Note 7 after missing thr note 5 last year. Better than getting an exploding phone I guess.

Last edited:
I'll let you know if mine blows up and burns my house down after the screen gets scratched and I chuck it across the room in frustration of the 486 like performance...

In the mean time, I love my Note 7. I'm currently rocking it naked with no case or screen protector (gasp!).

Seriously, this stuff is completely over blown.

Sorry for the people in the UK who have to wait a bit longer to get their habfs on the Note 7 after missing thr note 5 last year. Better than getting an exploding phone I guess.

Well that's the issue now isn't it? :p

From what I've gathered reading about this today from various websites is that this shipping delay is only relevant to units being shipped in southeastern Asia itself, South Korea, China, even Japan and only the Exynos-based model of the Note 7 - the US Snapdragon-based models are not part of this delay. Now, I could be wrong there but that's what I've picked up from the multiple articles all pointing at the issues being specifically hampering the Exynos models.

So, US owners should be good to go if they want one or currently have one, it remains to be seen if these issues bleed over into the Snapdragon models over time.

From what I've gathered reading about this today from various websites is that this shipping delay is only relevant to units being shipped in southeastern Asia itself, South Korea, China, even Japan and only the Exynos-based model of the Note 7 - the US Snapdragon-based models are not part of this delay. Now, I could be wrong there but that's what I've picked up from the multiple articles all pointing at the issues being specifically hampering the Exynos models.

So, US owners should be good to go if they want one or currently have one, it remains to be seen if these issues bleed over into the Snapdragon models over time.

They have to recall Exynos based CPU specifically due device freezing bugs that everyone is facing. The recall on exploding battery is also a specific battery that is used on Note 7 that is recall.

I wonder how many people bought theirs on eBay from Asia without any way to get a replacement.
Mine is through TMo so I'll keep up with this if it hits the US.

Just caught wind of this today. Guess I'll keep a close eye on my phone until the details of the recall come out...

At least this is being addressed quickly.

My Note 7 bought directly from AT&T. Recall process through AT&T or Samsung ?
I notice my phone is really hot when charging

My Note 7 doesn't get hot when charging, only warm. If my Note 7 blows up I'll make sure to post the gory pics here. :p

I found out about this, this morning. I was >< close to getting the Note 7 last night, I'm glad I decided to not wait around for a TMo rep. I'll wait until this clears.

EDIT: Checked TMo's site and no Note 7 listed. Shit got real.

You'll probably be waiting for a while. A big Korean shipping company filed bankruptcy and Samsung uses them.
Shipments from Korea could be delayed. I'm glad I got one and can wait for the replacement rather than just waiting.

Edit: Tmobile is offering full refunds as of today. I think I will take advantage of this.
Update: Samsung Suspends Galaxy Note7 Sales – T-Mobile Offers Full Customer Refund Program | T-Mobile Newsroom

Last edited:
Serves them right for gluing the battery in. If they put a removable door, they could have just shipped proper batteries to all of the stores.

Serves them right for gluing the battery in. If they put a removable door, they could have just shipped proper batteries to all of the stores.

Non-removable batteries are fine. It's when you don't take enough measures to guarantee quality and longevity that they become a problem.

You'll probably be waiting for a while. A big Korean shipping company filed bankruptcy and Samsung uses them.
Shipments from Korea could be delayed. I'm glad I got one and can wait for the replacement rather than just waiting.

Edit: Tmobile is offering full refunds as of today. I think I will take advantage of this.
Update: Samsung Suspends Galaxy Note7 Sales – T-Mobile Offers Full Customer Refund Program | T-Mobile Newsroom
I have no problems in waiting here. I'm pretty content with my Note 5

My Note 7 bought directly from AT&T. Recall process through AT&T or Samsung ?
I notice my phone is really hot when charging

I believe you can use both, but if you use ATT I believe they will in return give you a full refund or offer a replacement phone. But the battery getting hot is at the root of this, the quick charging capabilities and battery protection used are most likely not compatible, allowing the battery to charge too fast which would explain why the battery explodes.

I'm voting this the worst phone release ever. Has there ever been a complete recall of a smartphone before? at least this large anyways.

I believe you can use both, but if you use ATT I believe they will in return give you a full refund or offer a replacement phone. But the battery getting hot is at the root of this, the quick charging capabilities and battery protection used are most likely not compatible, allowing the battery to charge too fast which would explain why the battery explodes.

I'm voting this the worst phone release ever. Has there ever been a complete recall of a smartphone before? at least this large anyways.

Not on this level, certainly. It's not the Galaxy S line, but it's going to hurt Samsung's bottom line.

Not on this level, certainly. It's not the Galaxy S line, but it's going to hurt Samsung's bottom line.

iPhone 3Gs Battery problems

Will Apple Recall the iPhone 3GS Due to Battery Problems? | The iPhone FAQ

Apple recalls millions of iPhone 3G power adapters

This isn't nothing new. I kept my N7 and waiting for a replacement. After some research this isn't a big deal.

iPhone 3Gs Battery problems

Will Apple Recall the iPhone 3GS Due to Battery Problems? | The iPhone FAQ

Apple recalls millions of iPhone 3G power adapters

This isn't nothing new. I kept my N7 and waiting for a replacement. After some research this isn't a big deal.

iPhone 3G isn't about phone exploding, Note 7 on the other hand is a actual hazard that waiting to explode.

Samsung Australia pretty much just stated this

"Samsung Electronics Australia advises all customers who use a Galaxy Note7 smartphone to power down their device, return it to its place of purchase and use an alternative device until a remedy can be provided."

Important information for Galaxy Note7 owners

iPhone 3G isn't about phone exploding, Note 7 on the other hand is a actual hazard that waiting to explode.

Samsung Australia pretty much just stated this

"Samsung Electronics Australia advises all customers who use a Galaxy Note7 smartphone to power down their device, return it to its place of purchase and use an alternative device until a remedy can be provided."

Important information for Galaxy Note7 owners

A quick Google search will show you that the 3Gs battery expanded and exploded along with other iPhone models.
Google

Again, this is nothing new. As an actual owner of the phone with friends who also own it, it's not a big deal.

I was just checking out the N7 specs last week...but no removable battery makes it a no-go for me. Otherwise, it's a nicely spec'd device.

There are no galaxies without the big bang...

Savage.

I've decided to ieep using mine until it either explodes or Samsung gets a swap out plan going. Samsung Canada makes no reccomebdation ti to stop using the phone.

I like the phone a lot. Enough to take the risk and keep using it I guess.

So has anyone seen any further updates on ETA with replacements, or when carriers will have the note7 in Stock again?

I keep any of my phones in darn near pristine condition. I will be sincerely pissed if the Note 7 replacement I receive is less than mint condition considering I it is less than two weeks old at this point.

I keep any of my phones in darn near pristine condition. I will be sincerely pissed if the Note 7 replacement I receive is less than mint condition considering I it is less than two weeks old at this point.

Id be pissed just knowing that it's technically a "referb" now.

Id be pissed just knowing that it's technically a "referb" now.

In my experience from my last couple phone RMAs, refurbs are just as good, if not better than new. I wouldn't be worried about it.

For Canadians, they have launched a registration page (in typical Samsung style, looks like a phishing site, just like their pre-order gift registration site...). Verified to be the thing to do by national media as well as the official Samsung Twitter page and a page I found on their website.

Samsung Canada (@SamsungCanada) | Twitter

And this page on the Samsung website:
[Official Statement] Galaxy Note7 | SAMSUNG Canada

And here's where Canadians can register:
Home

I chose the option to ship to my home so I can at my leisure transfer all my stuff over using the Samsung smart switch process. I also don't want to be anywhere near my carrier's store during the upcoming iPhone launch...

I've decided to ieep using mine until it either explodes or Samsung gets a swap out plan going. Samsung Canada makes no reccomebdation ti to stop using the phone.

I like the phone a lot. Enough to take the risk and keep using it I guess.

Same, Its by far the most impressive phone I had since HTC came out with EVO first gen. I got mine from best buy, they say I can swap by sept 30. I am hopeful they will have some to exchange by then. I do not want an S7 edge.

Saw on FOX News earlier their headline scroll at the bottom of the screen (this is an exact word for word quote):

SAMSUNG TELLS CUSTOMERS NOT TO USE GALAXY 7 SMARTPHONES AND EXCHANGE THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

I mean, it's a news channel and even THEY can't get the information right, geez. It didn't say Galaxy Note 7, it said GALAXY 7 SMARTPHONES as in all of them in the Galaxy 7 series (S7, S7 Edge, Note 7).

Idiots. :D

Back