Galaxy Note 3 to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor

I just thought I would chime in on an issue that cropped up my Note 3, it seems quite common unfortunately.

The proximity sensor is malfunctioning, so when you put your phone to your face, the screen turns off but when you move it away it doesn't come back on, you have to press the sleep wake key. Such a pain for ivr and voicemail when you need to use the dial pad. Also, this can stop the display from turning off sometimes causing numbers to be dialed or for you to accidentally end the call.

You can access the test screen by dialing *#0*# and selecting sensor. The value for the proximity sensor should be close to zero (my functioning note 2 is 1 when there is nothing close). The test screen turns green and the phone vibrates when the sensor is activated and is supposed to go back to white and atop vibrating when you move your hand away. On my note 3, it is either always over the min threshold or sometimes just low enough to activate and not be able to deactivate because the lowest value is above the low threshold.

Anyhow, long story short, this is my second Samsung Note device and my second to go out for warranty service (note 2 was gone for a month with a bad charging circuit). I'm pretty disappointed at this record considering how well I take care of my phones (never dropped, very minimal scratching, never wet etc.). I figured Id chime in on this in case others are having this issue.

Well never heard of this issue honestly. I make most of my calls to voice mail since I have to leave my phone behind.

Back