Galaxy HardOCP TigerDirect GTX 780 Community Events

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
HardOCP and Galaxy have been working on a special community event in the Dallas area. At noon and then at 7:30PM today (5/23/13), Galaxy and HardOCP will be giving away a GeForce GTX 780 to a couple of very lucky HardOCP readers. TigerDirect has been kind enough to host the community event at its North Dallas retail store located at:

14060 Dallas Pkwy
Dallas, TX 75254

Galaxy and TigerDirect have also teamed up to offer 10% off all Galaxy video cards in stock.

We will have some swag to give away and will have a GTX 780 demo system running for everyone to have a look at. And I forgot to mention, we will have GeForce GTX 780 cards in stock at this TigerDirect location. When was the last time you could have a freshly launched video card in your hand the day of launch?

If the TigerDirect parking lot fills up, there is addition parking just south of the TigerDiret store in the Bed Bath and Beyond parking lot.

1369313940dEd6YahRKA_1_1_l.jpg

Last edited:
If I wasn't all the way in Canada I'd drive far and wide to get to that event, if only for the discount!
Good luck to those that go.

Hahah omg [H] members assemble. So lucky, anyone who lives locally :/

Could you clarify a couple of things: What time is the giveaway going to be and do you need to be present to win? I might swing by but have to be somewhere at 1PM.

Thanks for the event.

I'm jelly of you Dallas locals. Good luck winning the mini-Titan!

Could you clarify a couple of things: What time is the giveaway going to be and do you need to be present to win? I might swing by but have to be somewhere at 1PM.

Thanks for the event.

Yes, you have to be there to win. I suspect with start with the card giveaway just a little after noon but I would be hard pressed to guarantee that. Being a live event and all. But we are NOT shooting on dragging it out either.

WTB a web giveaway. Nice that you guys have an event for the few people in that area.

I need to go down town to context my taxes.. Now ... I wonder if I can swing the noon event on the way there/way back..

This is the first time we have done anything like this, so we will see how it works out. Due to NVIDIA information embargoes we could not pre-announce anything. We are hoping to get enough buzz from the noontime event that we will be able to draw a solid crowd at 7:30 tonight.

Coming... Bringing family in Tow hahaha

Do kids under a y/o get a shot at it??? ;):D:p

I'm on a vacation day, so yea, my excuse to go is to either win a titan or convince my wife we can buy one and I can mitigate the cost somewhat by selling current parts haha

Coming... Bringing family in Tow hahaha

Do kids under a y/o get a shot at it??? ;):D:p

I'm on a vacation day, so yea, my excuse to go is to either win a titan or convince my wife we can buy one and I can mitigate the cost somewhat by selling current parts haha

EVERYONE that wants to get in on the action will have a chance to win. So if you an stop by Child Protective Services and grab a few extras, knock yourself out! ;) And also, you can attend both events at noon and 7:30. :)

HAHA!!

"Hello, DISD, I need to take a few classes with me for a field trip... yes there going to learn how to build computers...."

:D

Looking forward to it I'll see you guys there!

Heh, that made me LOL. See you there!

Holy... damn, son. Wish I was in the area.

AWESOME giveaway.

Nice giveaway, and discount... shame it's thousands of miles from me :eek: .

On the plus side, props to TigerDirect.. my 780 order already says this: "Carrier Pickup - Your item(s) have been processed and delivered to the carrier for pickup. Please note: no changes or cancellations can be made at this point". Overnight shipping means I'll have it tomorrow.

Boy Kyle there sure did pick a fine time to do this with Severe Thunderstorm Warning here Southeast Oklahoma darn it and I'm in midd of all it

Spiffy! I won't be able to make the noon one but I'll definitely try for the 7:30 event.

This makes me want to cry, I live in DFW however im about to leave to help a friend move his deceased grandfathers furniture out of his house in kansas :(

awesome just wish i could have known i would have driven up from paris for the noon event.

I'm stuck back in the hills of Ky, so I won't be there sadly :D good luck to everyone entering the contest. Would be awesome to be there. Have some fun for me!

Good timing too... I was about to pull the trigger on a 7870 (researched via NewZon of course) but now I'm going to wait a bit to see if prices fall with this new release... unless I'm able to acquire a replacement for my 6870 through today's giveaway. :D

Hehe, they're doing the drawing right now -- whoever wins the 1st card, congrats to them.

The joint Galaxy - HardOCP -TigerDirect GeForce GTX 780 community event is in full swing and we have our first winner! Blake walked away with an awesome Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 and we still have another one to go! There is still time, so head on down to the event and see if you will be the next lucky winner!

13693360829tT31FQv9M_1_1.jpg

Also, the folks at Galaxy and TigerDirect teamed up to offer you guys a 10% discount on all Galaxy cards in stock. These guys took advantage of the deal and are now the proud owners of a Galaxy GeForce GTX 780!

We are also handing out a bunch of cool swag just for showing up! So hit the link above to find out where and when and make sure you get yourselves down there to join in the festivities!

HIT THIS LINK for more pictures of the event!

@#%$#@&%$#$#%&*^(^%(*&%^*%$%#$#$%^#^%$#& FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm only 15mins away from it but I'm stuck at home taking care of a sick puppy. (She'll be fine vet said it was bad bacteria or something they see around spring time every year. but I have to feed her this medicine every 10 to 15 mins.for the next several hours.)

Thanks to Kyle and the guys at Galaxy for putting this event together. I showed up for the 12:00 give away, and despite not winning the card, I still managed to walk out with a couple of 780's for my gaming rig.

I hope the 7:30 giveaway has a huge turnout and that we see a lot more events like this one in the future. Also, congrats to Blake for winning the GTX 780.

Now it's time to see how these puppies stack up against my 4gb 680's. :D

@#%$#@&%$#$#%&*^(^%(*&%^*%$%#$#$%^#^%$#& FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm only 15mins away from it but I'm stuck at home taking care of a sick puppy. (She'll be fine vet said it was bad bacteria or something they see around spring time every year. but I have to feed her this medicine every 10 to 15 mins.for the next several hours.)

Awwwww :(. Don't feel too badly though, the dog is worth it!

Back