GALAXY GTX 780 HOF (White PCB) Released

I normally can care less about what a video card looks like, but this is by far one of the best looking ones I have ever seen. Would look great in a case that can show it well.

And they named it after the Hof too! awesome!

haha. I know, lame, but awesome card none the less.

Hope [H] does a review on this card. Always loved their white pcb designs.

It's a like a cookies and cream hershey bar :D

looks thick as hell and shame they couldn't do more of the bottom in white even if only washers or caps or something but looks like it would cool so very well and built tough, this is something [H] should be trying to snag a review on and throw it in a nice white case just go all out on a [H]ard theme :)

Pretty cool, but I really like the reference cooler. Really wish it had a white backplate though, that would be sick.

The white pcb always looks cool. Makes me want to build an all white rig....now where to find a white pcb mobo......

The white pcb always looks cool. Makes me want to build an all white rig....now where to find a white pcb mobo......

Get a Sabertooth and paint the Thermal Armor white, it will cover most of the board and look great! Recently, ASUS warranty is a joke, its void the day you get it so you have nothing to lose.

how is the warranty void the day you get it? I have not once had an issue with Asus warranty on motherboard or gpus in the past ~7 years

And they named it after the Hof too! awesome!

bpXBC2r.jpg

If it doesn't run 10 degrees hotter than the 780 ACX like the GC does I'm buying.

Get a Sabertooth and paint the Thermal Armor white, it will cover most of the board and look great! Recently, ASUS warranty is a joke, its void the day you get it so you have nothing to lose.

Yeah I've seen a couple painted white, they do look good. But really someone needs to step up and make a motherboard with a white pcb.

That is definitely worth a tip of that hat :cool:

On a side note, one of these makers needs to start an sort of aftermarket thing for the GPU at least, there is only so many really nicely done cards out there and to find one that "matches" the build you have planned can get tough, be nice if there was a certain theme set that these GPU makers can match with cases and boards, like log on to their site, tell them the board you will be using ad the case you will have and they end up making the cooler/pcb match or something, look quite snazzy with some combos for damn sure.

something like
6870Fnt_575px.jpg
is still one of my favorite looks, simple but nice, change the coloring on it and it can match any combo possible. Heck PCB colors are the easiest thing to change but they usually print of millions of them a specific coloring which posses issue :(

Last edited:
I love it, the only thing I noticed was that the bracket does not look like it has a lot of room for airflow. But it doesn't exhaust out of the case, so perhaps that's not as big of a concern.

Why do people care what the video cards look like? I have 3 Evga Sc 780s and I forgot what they look like but remember how much they kick ass...

Why do people care what the video cards look like? I have 3 Evga Sc 780s and I forgot what they look like but remember how much they kick ass...

I have a side window on my case, so I like to look at my pretty components inside every now and then. :D

I know I got my case all lit up and a window too, just maybe I'm getting older and just care about FPS.

Bah, I have an entire white build...this card would have been excellent but I'm shooting for 4GB vram this time around. I always liked Galaxy cards for their aesthetics.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...del=GTX+780&interface=&memType=&memSize=&did=

If that list is correct and lists all the models of GTX780, then this Galaxy GTX 780 would be one of the fastest -- that Inno3D iChill card (and doesn't look bad either) has the same base clock, but slightly lower boost at 1046MHz.

http://wccftech.com/inno3d-ichill-g...es-herculez-3000-cooler-1046-mhz-boost-clock/

http://www.galaxytechus.com/__US__/Product6/ProductDetail?proID=139&isStop=0 -- go to Specifications tab. 1006MHz with boost to 1058MHz.

As for the OC records -- http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GTX-780-Overclock-3DMark-LN2-Record,23231.html

Just need a Soyo Dragon to pair it with. :p

yeppers... coolest looking mobo but more silver than white... those old sapphire mobos with the ati chipset were stark white.. both look bad ass.

I am glad people are still putting visual flair on their hardware.. These aftermarket coolers are nice but can they not design one that dumps the air out the back of the case? seems like a much better thermal design getting the hot out - then if they can get the noise down with more and quieter fans it would be near perfect.

I was going to hold off another year with my gtx 590 but if I find this card then it will be a tough call for me.

yeppers... coolest looking mobo but more silver than white... those old sapphire mobos with the ati chipset were stark white.. both look bad ass.

I am glad people are still putting visual flair on their hardware.. These aftermarket coolers are nice but can they not design one that dumps the air out the back of the case? seems like a much better thermal design getting the hot out - then if they can get the noise down with more and quieter fans it would be near perfect.
I think the noise IS the problem with those blower coolers though. Blower fans are loud.

well if you have a well ventilated case with positive air pressure you wouldn't need to have the fans at 100%

Waiting to see if these have unlocked voltage. If they do... in for SLI and selling the Titan. If not, I'll be looking at the Classifieds, or Lightnings.

1058mhz is a good start. You're likely looking a boosted clock of anywhere between 1163mhz - 1189mhz, which means these have to be binned because there are plenty of GK110 that do not reach those clocks. But it would be a shame if there was a 1.212V limit, because they'd be topping out at pretty much the higher end of what every one is already getting.

It also looks to be a 3 slot card, similar to the Sapphire Vapor-X 7950/7970s, where it looks 2-slot, but the heatsink extends further out effectively making it take up 3 slots. That could unfortunately ruin the SLI option for me, as I do need 2 free slots (unless I got an extender, which I'd prefer to avoid).

Back