Galaxy GTX 780 HOF Sets World Record

GPU clock speed of 1526MHz.
Not bad. :eek:

I wonder what would be realistically feasible on air/water cooling...

The white PCB stood out to me, too. I think it would be very cool to do a black and white build with a white motherboard.

Handling liquid nitrogen without gloves.

World record overclock by Mr. 1337 Stumpy

i think the white pcb fits galaxy, be cool if its THEIR thing

i personally like the black overall.

jus glad we dont have colorful cheap lego looking components anymore.

so if this breaks the world record, based on 680 board, does this mean a 680 can meet the same clock speeds somehow?

Holy shit, almost 1.8v through the 4770K to get it to 6.2 Ghz, thats pretty wicked, heh.

i think the white pcb fits galaxy, be cool if its THEIR thing

i personally like the black overall.

jus glad we dont have colorful cheap lego looking components anymore.

so if this breaks the world record, based on 680 board, does this mean a 680 can meet the same clock speeds somehow?

680 is not on the same board. Titan and 780s share boards, 770 and 680 "sometimes" share boards.

Handling liquid nitrogen without gloves.

World record overclock by Mr. 1337 Stumpy

Meh. played with it in college, you can dunk your hand in it, pour it profusely all over your arm and it doesn't phase you.

You could argue that gloves are more dangerous then just wearing a short sleeve shirt because the LNG could get caught inside the glove and fabric after a spill and held against your skin.

6.2 JIGAWATTS!

1526 core is cool too. will probably be hitting around 1400 on liquid

That's one heck of an overclock! :eek: Congratulations to Galaxy for the World Record. :)

Meh. played with it in college, you can dunk your hand in it, pour it profusely all over your arm and it doesn't phase you.

You could argue that gloves are more dangerous then just wearing a short sleeve shirt because the LNG could get caught inside the glove and fabric after a spill and held against your skin.

I don't know about the dunking of hands but it's the Leidenfrost effect. I agree with the gloves comment though, kind of like a burn that is made much worse by hot coffee etc getting stuck/held against your skin and then it really, really gets ya.

We use it at work on almost a daily basis and I'd have to agree with this statement... hell it's common to reach in and grab what you need with just nitrile gloves on (basically barehanded).

The only time we are required to wear gloves is when filling the initial container (from the tank to a bucket).

The Crazy Cooling geek in me who prompted me to build a full-immersion fluorinert cooling setup years ago: COOL! I'll take three!

The practical geek in me: I don't give a shit. Call me when the cores can do this without crazy-ass cooling that destroys the rig.

I'm kind of surprised that no one noticed the video card has been volt modded, assuming that is the purpose of the taped on variable resistor. Would like to know how much voltage they needed for this OC on the video card.

I'm kind of surprised that no one noticed the video card has been volt modded, assuming that is the purpose of the taped on variable resistor. Would like to know how much voltage they needed for this OC on the video card.

Notsureifserious.jpg, it's on LN2, what do you think they're using that to cool? :p

Finally. Was waiting to see when these white-PCB beauties would show up. The GTX 770 looks almost like the re-badged 680 SOC, except with white fans, and GTX 780 has a really industrial looking cooler on it. I wonder if these will have software voltage control. The world record images showed a hard-mod, but 1526mhz is well beyond what software voltage would allow for anyway.

Isn't it a bit odd that the GPU clock shows 1526MHz but the Boost clock is only 1422MHz? I'm guessing that's just an error in GPU-z reporting clock speeds

Congrats Galaxy, couldn't have happened to a cooler company! I might do a monser Galaxy all white build. It would be easy to see any dust when it gets dirty so cleanup will be easier :D

Back