Galaxy GTX 670 GC - $349.99 amir @ TigerDirect!

Oh, finally some deals on full length models! Tempting. I found some of the other $350 deals kind of meh, because $50 is $50, but when models like the gigabyte are $400, it's hard to consider the regular price of the "shorty" versions $400.

When I went to td I got a popup saying join our email list and get an instant $10 off your purchase. So potentially this card would end up at $339.99

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Chewy is spot on; there are two unique versions of the 670 GC. One is built with the same custom board and reference cooler of the Galaxy GTX 680, and the other has a twin fan cooler and Galaxy GTX 680 GC PCB. Whenever you see them on the shelf, the twin fan version will have "custom cooling" labeled on the front.

BTW, my rebate was rejected because the UPC was covered by another label (applied at the factory since it was on the box and not on the plastic wrap). Guess I should have been more diligent.

However, I called the rebate house and they agreed to honor the rebate.

edit: here's the pic:
14cs5nc.png

See, this is dumb. I agree it is a great deal, but if Galaxy is serious about offering value (and I believe they are), then just make it all instant rebate. There is NO reason to make customers jump through hoops to get this price. Obviously, many (all?) companies do this, but it still as a customer makes me dislike them.

The post above mine just solidifies my opinion. They are willing to honour the offer, so why make it so awkward for paying customers?

Yeah. We know the "reason" for this, as the accepted truth, is you'd be surprised how many people forget to send the stuff in. But I'm sure we've all been there, where shadiness goes on to bring bring the failure rate higher? Patriot flat out didn't send me a rebate once. AT&T gave me another chance/extension to send in my UPC when they rejected mine, only it would be impossible to send in another original because I KNOW I sent it in the first time.

/End rebate rant - I have gotten most of mine.

I guess part of the issue is that you can't exactly advertise "We don't do MIRs" or anything. I dunno, it just makes me dislike a company when they advertise prices after MIRs.

I suppose part of this is that I've been too lazy to send one in before :p

I do not do MIRs anymore and if you offer MIR instead of instant rebate it makes me less likely to purchase your product. Why? Because MIR has become a scam industry for data miners. Don't think of it as getting a discount on your product, think of it as selling your personal information for a pittance, and enabled by the company from whom you purchased the product.

True but at some point you have to give in and say well thats how it works, and reap the benifit of slutting your personal information out to everyone on the internet. If you use any google service or facebook you are doing the same thing.

Also the TD $10 off coupon comes in 2 - 4 days, after which I am sure they will you raise the price on this.

Last edited:
BTW, my rebate was rejected because the UPC was covered by another label (applied at the factory since it was on the box and not on the plastic wrap). Guess I should have been more diligent.

However, I called the rebate house and they agreed to honor the rebate.

edit: here's the pic:
14cs5nc.png

Where did you get your card from? If a vendor is causing rebate issues with their own sticker placement, I'd like to let them know about it so we can make sure it's corrected. For the record, if anyone ever has trouble with a rebate on a Galaxy card, just pm me and I'll take care of business.

Of course this comes like 2 weeks after I buy the same model for $400. I should have waited lol!

Oh well $50 bucks aint bad.

If you use any google service or facebook you are doing the same thing.

I don't. In fact, I use noscript to permanently block facebook on all websites.

edit: Galaxy you totally rock for doing customer care / feedback on 3rd party enthusiast forums. You do your brand a lot of good this way.

Where did you get your card from? If a vendor is causing rebate issues with their own sticker placement, I'd like to let them know about it so we can make sure it's corrected. For the record, if anyone ever has trouble with a rebate on a Galaxy card, just pm me and I'll take care of business.

This was purchased from Amazon. The sticker was on the box itself and not on the outer shrink wrap.

<snip>
edit: Galaxy you totally rock for doing customer care / feedback on 3rd party enthusiast forums. You do your brand a lot of good this way.

Totally agree! Thanks Andrew @ Galaxy! He helped me with registering my card for the 3 year warranty.

I prolly would have gone with these over the eVGA reference ones I bought last week.. but oh well. mine are working great. These 670s are such a good deal for the performance.

Totally agree! Thanks Andrew @ Galaxy! He helped me with registering my card for the 3 year warranty.

No problem, always here to help. I just looked up your receipt from your emails to me a while back so I'll check with Amazon to see what the deal was with that tag. Hopefully we can make sure no one else has to go through a similar hassle. Thanks for the heads up on this.

No problem, always here to help. I just looked up your receipt from your emails to me a while back so I'll check with Amazon to see what the deal was with that tag. Hopefully we can make sure no one else has to go through a similar hassle. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Awesome service Andrew! Maybe I should get another Galaxy GTX 670 GC V2 for some SLI action!

Awesome service Andrew! Maybe I should get another Galaxy GTX 670 GC V2 for some SLI action!

I did! Although i am having trouble with amazon getting the bl2 game code. Something about promotion being one per customer which is never advertised anywhere on their site.

I did! Although i am having trouble with amazon getting the bl2 game code. Something about promotion being one per customer which is never advertised anywhere on their site.

Yeah its nowhere in the terms that i can see. The restriction states one per graphics card shipment but nothing about multiple orders.

Also i'd say we're in store for price drops soon since nVidia has already announced them for the GTX 660ti so this may be the going price for the GTX 670's in a couple weeks.

Glad to see card prices are finally coming down at the higher end!

Yeah its nowhere in the terms that i can see. The restriction states one per graphics card shipment but nothing about multiple orders.

Exactly what i mentioned to the reps over chat. and this is what i got as a reply,
Hello,

I'm following up on your recent contact to our Customer Service department regarding the promotional code.

This bonus offer is limited to one per customer, so even though you ordered more than one Graphics Card you should have only received one promotional code.

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

SG (removed the actual name)

Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earths Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

I tried again with another rep and this time she assured that i should be able to receive the code. So i guess its waiting time now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Also i'd say we're in store for price drops soon since nVidia has already announced them for the GTX 660ti so this may be the going price for the GTX 670's in a couple weeks.

They're dropping prices by $20 on the 660Ti, that's by no means earth shattering, I would assume $350 with rebates will probably be typical for the 670.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the point of selling a 670 with 680 clocks,pcb, and cooler? Other than having a few less cuda cores than an actual 680, they are the same card. I get the value from the consumer side, but how does Galaxy really profit from this?

I see a couple different scenarios that might explain this -

1) They are not selling enough 680's, so they can easily off load stock in the form of 670's. They hope to sell enough units at this price point to offset the $100-$150 upcharge for the higher model.

2) There are not enough yield of high end cuda cores, so again, they can use the excess stock in lower cards.

My problem with the first scenario is, it would seem like you would need to sell a lot of cards to offset that. Maybe I am exaggerating the market for high end cards, but I would imagine they should be selling a decent amount to keep them at the higher value.

The second scenario makes sense, use what parts you do got, no sense wasting them. As long as they aren't crippiling functioning cuda cores to make them 670 ready, this is good business.

But ultimately what bugs me is -- if you are going to sell it as "basically a 680", why not just mark the price down slightly on the 680? Make those people on the fence about the price definitely go for it, and those people considering the 670 may be tempted to upgrade to the top model.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for companies getting their name out there and selling more units at discount for us! But I just am intrigued by the business behind it. (and yes, I have heard of Galaxy way before, just never owned one personally)

Its not about galaxy it is about nVidia. nVidia charges more for the 680 chips so they have no choice. Over clocking a 670 is just galaxy getting a little extra money out of what enthusiast would do themself.

it is similar to unlocked multipliers on CPUs. for a long time the industry fought it then they woke up and realized that they can make money off of it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the point of selling a 670 with 680 clocks,pcb, and cooler? Other than having a few less cuda cores than an actual 680, they are the same card. I get the value from the consumer side, but how does Galaxy really profit from this?

I see a couple different scenarios that might explain this -

1) They are not selling enough 680's, so they can easily off load stock in the form of 670's. They hope to sell enough units at this price point to offset the $100-$150 upcharge for the higher model.

2) There are not enough yield of high end cuda cores, so again, they can use the excess stock in lower cards.

My problem with the first scenario is, it would seem like you would need to sell a lot of cards to offset that. Maybe I am exaggerating the market for high end cards, but I would imagine they should be selling a decent amount to keep them at the higher value.

The second scenario makes sense, use what parts you do got, no sense wasting them. As long as they aren't crippiling functioning cuda cores to make them 670 ready, this is good business.

But ultimately what bugs me is -- if you are going to sell it as "basically a 680", why not just mark the price down slightly on the 680? Make those people on the fence about the price definitely go for it, and those people considering the 670 may be tempted to upgrade to the top model.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for companies getting their name out there and selling more units at discount for us! But I just am intrigued by the business behind it. (and yes, I have heard of Galaxy way before, just never owned one personally)

The biggest selling point for me was to have the 680 reference PCB because I wanted to watercool it. I prefer to have the compatibility with the 680 fullcover waterblocks, versus the shorter 670 blocks that were made for the reference GTX 670's. For me, it was purely the aesthetics of it, while getting about 90% of the performance of a GTX 680, without paying the full price of an actual GTX 680.

I got in on the Amazon deal for the exact same card a couple of weeks ago, and I have been very happy with my purchase. I'm contemplating adding a second one soon for SLI, and this deal is really tempting... :D

Yes it is still active until 9/30. Click on the rebate center and enter the item number-G458-0672 Border.
It will take you to the item and there will be a hyperlink to the rebate for you to print. I'm thinking about this myself. Good Luck.

This deal has changed. The IR is now -$10 instead of -$30. The cost is now $369.99.

well, if it works the same as amazon, you should get an email with instructions... it'll have a code and a url for Nvidia's site where you generate the steam key then you register it and DL through steam..

Looks like this deal is dead. Price is now listed as $414.99 on the website.

Back