Galaxy GTX 670 GC - $294 amir @ TigerDirect!

Galaxy

Gawd
Galaxy GTX 670 GC 2GB
-GTX 680 clocks
-GTX 680 PCB
-GTX 680 cooler

$334.99 - $40 MIR = $294.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2578872&CatId=28

Both online and in-store, good until June 30th or stock runs out.

***UPDATE***

The twin fan version is now on sale for a wicked good price too:

Galaxy GTX 670 GC 2GB
-Factory OC
-Dual fan cooler with aluminum shroud
-Quad nickel plated heat pipes
-Custom PCB with improved power handling

$364.99 - $40 MIR = $324.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2618312&CatId=7387

Last edited:
One of the owner posted on that page saying that Galaxy ignored his warranty requests. Okay...

One of the owner posted on that page saying that Galaxy ignored his warranty requests. Okay...

I'd have to dig to see what his specific story was, but I can say for certain that we're not in the habit of ignoring our customers. Still, despite our best efforts to resolve every case quickly and completely, every once in a while we find ourselves in unwinnable situations. Some customers can make unreasonable demands, refuse to let us help them or provide information we need to proceed on their case, or even outright troll us.

If you want a good indication of the service to expect, just ask other Galaxy owners here on the forums. We're certainly not perfect but we try damn hard.

Man.. that was a pretty quick response.. kudos to you, mr. galaxy. :)

edit* also includes the metro coupon so you could feasibly get this for $260 no?

Last edited:
I'd have to dig to see what his specific story was, but I can say for certain that we're not in the habit of ignoring our customers. Still, despite our best efforts to resolve every case quickly and completely, every once in a while we find ourselves in unwinnable situations. Some customers can make unreasonable demands, refuse to let us help them or provide information we need to proceed on their case, or even outright troll us.

If you want a good indication of the service to expect, just ask other Galaxy owners here on the forums. We're certainly not perfect but we try damn hard.

Thanks for the quick response. I figured you would chime in and give us some input. Could you tell us whether that S3 sleep issue has been fixed? That customer mentioned that Galaxy has not provided a fix up to the point of the post(back in Nov '12) which was more than 6 months ago, so I figured I could ask again. That's something I would want to work as well so.

Thanks for the quick response. I figured you would chime in and give us some input. Could you tell us whether that S3 sleep issue has been fixed? That customer mentioned that Galaxy has not provided a fix up to the point of the post(back in Nov '12) which was more than 6 months ago, so I figured I could ask again. That's something I would want to work as well so.

Haven't heard of that error. Been running this same card since that $150 in-game cash + $40 rebate from a few months ago, closest thing to a hiccup was caused by going to high on the OC on my CPU crashing the nvidia drivers. No issues whatsoever, card is silent, and I was able to hit the same OC's as [H] did in their review of it.

As the owner of a Galaxy 560ti who had to go through an RMA, it was a painless process and I would absolutely buy their products again. I still have the card as a backup, and the only reason why I didn't get a Galaxy 670 was because it was out of stock when it came time for me to purchase. Obviously, the inventory issue isn't Galaxy's fault, and it also speaks to the number of other people who buy their products with confidence.

I've done quite a bit of research on it and it's actually a pretty complicated. It can seemingly affect almost any modern GPU, both NV and AMD, but appears to mainly happen to users with X58 motherboards and Phoenix BIOS so far as I can tell. It's also one of those anomalies though where there's nothing wrong with either piece of hardware, they're both perfectly compatible, and yet somehow it's not working for these unfortunate few. I went ahead and asked NV whether they can shed some light on it, but the issue currently seems to be in the realm of computer voodoo, being a relatively rare problem with no clear indication of whether it's a fault in the motherboard chipset, BIOS, drivers, an individual card, or even Windows itself.

I'll let you guys know if I'm able to get any updates on it, but we've never been able to reproduce the issue ourselves to be able to contribute to the investigation. The aforementioned customer is the only known case we've seen so far with one of our own cards. At least that means your odds of experiencing this issue yourself are extremely low.

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess I don't have to consider that an issue since I am not running X58 nor ever plan to go back to that platform.

If there were any interesting games out right now that warranted an upgrade from my GTX 470, I'd be all over this.

I find it interesting galaxy replied so quickly on this matter. Maybe u should be on a case supporting someone? I mean reallly? That fast if a response? Not even enough time to have a fanboy defend u guys? That little faith? :/

I find it interesting galaxy replied so quickly on this matter. Maybe u should be on a case supporting someone? I mean reallly? That fast if a response? Not even enough time to have a fanboy defend u guys? That little faith? :/
You must be new here, and by "here" I mean the earth.

Wow, talk about a no win situation. "Your excellent customer service is making me suspicious! You must be doing it wrong!"

Back on track, that is a fantastic price for the 670.... I usually go EVGA, but I could throw that thing in my system for 300 bucks and have some sweet SLI goodness. When clocking with a vanilla card it would drop to stock clocks right? And the 680 PCB is fully compatible with my shorter vanilla gtx 670 right?

I am tempted to replace my 6750 meow. What is worse is that tomorrow is payday.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Galaxy support is awesome. I have two 670's and they have really been great. These are awesome cards

Galaxy does not have UEFI GOP support if it matters to anyone. Most of the big names do, but not them.

I have had Galaxy RMA a card for me. They did ignore me at first. When I re-asserted myself, RMA number was issued. Turn-around was less than two weeks. They are solid... just be legit, then you'll get warranty support.

I supported Galaxy back in the 8800 GT days. When they had a killer Zalman-cooler custom PCB... people. slammed them because they were new and budget-oriented.. I'm still waiting for my loyalty award.;)

Had a GTX 670 4gb until a couple weeks ago, great card but the Deal fan setup would really have benefited from a backplate, I felt the PCB flexed way too much but nothing broke and it ran my 2560x1440 without issue.

I have had Galaxy RMA a card for me. They did ignore me at first. When I re-asserted myself, RMA number was issued. Turn-around was less than two weeks. They are solid... just be legit, then you'll get warranty support.

I supported Galaxy back in the 8800 GT days. When they had a killer Zalman-cooler custom PCB... people. slammed them because they were new and budget-oriented.. I'm still waiting for my loyalty award.;)

When was that on the RMA? If you didn't get a fast response the first time I'd like to find out why.

Thanks for the vote of confidence all these years, by the way. I don't have any trophies to hand out but I can send you a badge if you want to pm me your address.

I have had two of the blower style Galaxy 670 GC for almost a year now and they have been great! Much cheaper than the competition for nearly identical hardware (680 PCB, reference blower) and great support from Galaxy rep here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask him, I got really detailed answers within a day or two along with the answer about replacing TIM that I was looking for! Wish I saw this deal sooner, I might have picked up a 3rd GC for my wife's machine.

Back