Galaxy GTX 560ti multi monitor issue

Vegas P11

[H]ard|Gawd
I just added an old Samsung 19" monitor next to my 24' Asus monitor to rig in sig just to keep Web browser open while gaming. It woks just fine in windows but for some reason the bios screen always displays on the Samsung until it gets to the windows log on screen then it switches to the Asus which is set up as the primary in Nvidia Control Panel. Asus is hooked up using mini HDMI and Samsung is using DVI.

I tried changing bios to init iGPU, PCI, PCIe, Auto and that doesn't do anything. I think that's just for integrated GPU anyway. Also tried changing between the two DVI ports on 560ti and nothing changes there either. Any suggestions or is this just the way it is?

Thanks

I think by default it displays on the first used video output, which is probably the first DVI, then the second DVI. It can be kind of annoying. I think IIRC with my 7950 GX2 it displayed simultaneously on both outputs but that isn't the case now with a 570 and 210.

Can you use the Asus on the first DVI and Samsung on the second DVI?

I don't have another DVI cable laying around but I will try taking one off the kids or wife's computer to see. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think this might actually be because of the HDMI connection. I have several PCs that use HDMI for an additional display, and on each of them the HDMI does not initialize until Windows starts. Would you be able to swap the connections to opposite ports?

I think this might actually be because of the HDMI connection. I have several PCs that use HDMI for an additional display, and on each of them the HDMI does not initialize until Windows starts. Would you be able to swap the connections to opposite ports?

Unfortunately the 19" does not have an HDMI connection and my box o' adapters does not have one either.

Can you hook the ASUS up via the 1st DVI port with the Samsung monitor on the 2nd DVI?

Can you hook the ASUS up via the 1st DVI port with the Samsung monitor on the 2nd DVI?

OK, I put both monitors on DVI and it will use the 24' Asus as primary and use that to display BIOS and boot screen. Must be something janky with HDMI that won't allow it to be primary before windows loads the drivers for the video card. Unfortunately I had to steal the second DVI cablr from the kids computer and I'd really like to use HDMI for the primary monitor. Weirdness.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Would that output sound to my monitor? Not that big of a deal, but that's what I wanted to do initially.

It should. I know it does with our own adapters, which should be fairly standard.

Back