Galaxy GTX 560 TI White Edition

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
Dear Galaxy Rep:

I just stumbled across this on your website, and would like to know why no retailers carry this card? I love the idea of a metal shroud, and I'm sure other [H] members would love the opportunity to buy these directly from Galaxy!

Sincerely,
NobleX13

0x1yZ.jpg

Haha!

Is it the first card of Galaxy? I never seen this company...

This is not their first card; they've been around since at least the NVIDIA 2XX series and there is a Galaxy rep on the forums here. I sent him an email to draw his attention to the fact that this card is prominently advertised on their website but is not available for sale anywhere.

White PCB = pure sex

They should have made the shroud the same color or black. Would look a lot better.

This is not their first card; they've been around since at least the NVIDIA 2XX series and there is a Galaxy rep on the forums here. I sent him an email to draw his attention to the fact that this card is prominently advertised on their website but is not available for sale anywhere.

Wrong they have been here much longer -their first claim to fame have been 7600gs cards which used slightly downlocked 7600gt cores with same memory as 7600 gt giving you performance of 7600gt for a prices slightly above 7600gs.

1.jpg

We've actually been manufacturing graphics cards since 1994, we just haven't had the Galaxy name on them until a few years ago. You may have already owned one of our cards and not known it. BFG, for instance, was made by us.

As for the GTX 560 Ti White Edition, I talked to the rest of our team and this card is in fact an exclusive to the Asian market, and was also sold in very limited quantities. I asked just the same if anyone had any convenient links to any vendors in that market who ship worldwide, only to find out we're already stocked out on them. If I find anything new, I'll let you guys know, but it currently looks like finding one will be a real treasure hunt.

The fan covering take away from the sex. I DO want a white motherboard now though....... would be pretty stylish in contrast with a black case and other dark parts.

Last edited:
The fan covering take away from the sex. I DO want a white motherboard now though....... would be pretty stylish in contrast with a black case and other dark parts.

I can see doing an all white set up would be pretty sweet

too bad NobleX13 that it was only out in Asian Market

I asked the same question about the gtx 460 white edition when it came and sadly got the same response back then. would be nice to get a whit edition state side seems like the NA market misses out on alot of cool special edition stuff which is odd to me as I imagine it would sell really well here. not that im complaining compared to some parts of the world the availability and price of high end pc parts here is still amazing.

I really wish the white/different colored PCB thing would catch on more. I wonder if it hasn't purely from a financial standpoint (green is cheapest/most widely available).

I really wish the white/different colored PCB thing would catch on more. I wonder if it hasn't purely from a financial standpoint (green is cheapest/most widely available).

I think Soltek used to do white or silver PCBs back in the Athlon XP/P4 days as well, IIRC. They really stood out from the crowd then and looked pretty cool. :cool:

The soltec dragon series motherboards from back in the athlon XP days was awesome

edit: and check out all those IDE connectors!

board.jpg

board.jpg

39518_1b.jpg

I'd totally go for a white motherboard/video card setup if I could get one. That's a good looking piece.

I had a few ecs boards back in the day when I was poor. They were not too bad for the price.

My first "real" board was a DFI Lanparty UT. Those things were top-of-the-line back in the day

dfi_nf3.jpg

I had a few ecs boards back in the day when I was poor. They were not too bad for the price.

My first "real" board was a DFI Lanparty UT. Those things were top-of-the-line back in the day

dfi_nf3.jpg

Yep. The K7S5A/Pro boards that used the SiS735 chipset were the shit for 266MHz Athlons. Very fast AND stable. I also used to have the nForce 3 250gb version of this board a few years ago. Loved that thing. Was one of the best AGP boards I ever had.

White PCBs are sexy! I wonder why there aren't more of them on the market today.

We've actually been manufacturing graphics cards since 1994, we just haven't had the Galaxy name on them until a few years ago. You may have already owned one of our cards and not known it. BFG, for instance, was made by us.

That's news to me. I thought BFG as a company disbanded not but a few years ago?

Ahhh the soyo (or soltek?) dragon... that was one I saw under a glass counter and just drooled over. good stuff.

So Galaxy made BFG cards? whoa..

I remember the Galaxy 6600gt competed with the 6800(not gt, or maybe it was the gt but not ultra). I wanted to get one but then the 7 series came out and blew them away.

Anyways, the pcb looks awesome, but the cooler should be either white or black. Sadly its not available anymore :/

This is pretty neat, brings me back to 2005/6 when mobos had this same color scheme.

Back