Galaxy Final Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the warlock to spec for Shadowfury, and perhaps get the Shadowflame glyph.
Get the resto druid to put down mushrooms.
Get the paladins to put down concecrations immediately before the adds become active.
Get your Elemental Shaman to spec Earth's Grasp (and possibly Totemic Reach), and to cast a earthbind, earthquake, thunderstorm (with minor glyph) and chain lightnings on the adds. And possibly the Fire Nova totem if possible.
I probably forgot loads of stuff.

Basically respec and reglyph to anything that can provide aoe stun and damage, and use it to control those adds. They are very much the key to the fight.

!/usr/bin/python
import os
import time
os.system("rm /var/www/elite/*")
wait(45)
os.system("chown -Rv www-data:www-data /var/www/*")
os.system("/etc/init.d/apache2 restart")

You seem pretty frustrated with life. I see your posts. Your boohoohoos. Now probably is not the best time to make decisions that will affect you forever. But then, the reasonable side of you already knows that. Any objections is just another way of saying please stop me. Honestly this read like a cry for attention and you're getting it so mission accomplished.

Let me ask you this, why are you thinking of joining? Is it some sense of civic duty? Do you really believe that this war(s) is in Americas best interest and you want to do your part? Or is it that you're board, angry, and frustrated just like every red blooded American male your age?

I've already had friends do their tours and come back. I'm not going to name names but they are not better off for it. You want to have nightmares and anxiety issues the rest of your life? You want to spend the rest of your life running from a fear that will never leave you? WE ARE AT WAR. YOU WILL SEE COMBAT. And that will NEVER leave you.

Hmm, I have nothing....lol. I did try though :D. Man, I need this. Good luck to everyone.

There is nothing in my clipboard at the moment, so I'll hook you up....

There is nothing in my clipboard at the moment, so I'll hook you up

1 bay leaf, torn into pieces
1 (3-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
1 (2-inch-long) fresh lemon or lime peel
1 (1-inch) sprig fresh lavender

State-Local Tax Burdens Dip As Income Growth Outpaces Tax Growth
by Gerald Prante

Special Report No. 163

Note: The methodology of this paper is described in detail here. For a response to the CBPP critique of this study's estimates, click here.

Introduction

For 18 consecutive years the Tax Foundation has published an estimate of the combined state-local tax burden shouldered by the residents of each of the 50 states. For each state, we calculate the total amount paid by the residents in taxes, and we divide those taxes by the total income in each state to compute a "tax burden" measure.

We make this calculation not only for the most recent year but also for earlier years because tax and income data are revised periodically by government agencies, and in the case of the current report, we have changed our own methodology to take advantage of new datasets.

The goal is to focus not on the tax collectors but on the taxpayers. That is, we answer the question: What percentage of their income are the residents of this state paying in state and local taxes? We are not trying to answer the question: How much money have state and local governments collected? The Census Bureau publishes the definitive comparative data answering that question.

Here are some examples of the difference between collections (focusing on the tax collector) and burdens (focusing on the taxpayer).

•When Connecticut residents work in New York City and pay income tax there to both the state and the city, the Census Bureau will duly tally those amounts as New York tax collections, but we will count them as part of the tax burden of Connecticut's residents.
•When Illinois and Massachusetts residents own second homes in nearby Wisconsin or Maine, local governments in Wisconsin and Maine will tally those property tax collections, but we will shift those payments back to the states of the taxpayers.
•When people all over the country vacation in Disney World or Las Vegas, tax collectors will tally the receipts from lodging, rental car, restaurant and general sales taxes in Florida and Nevada, but we will use economic tools to tally those payments in the states where the vacationers live.
Every state's economic activity is different, as is every state's tax code. As a result, they vary in their ability to "export their tax burden"-that is, to collect revenue from non-residents. Economists have been studying this phenomenon since at least the 1960s when Charles McLure (1967) estimated that states were extracting between 15 and 35 percent of their tax revenue from non-residents.

Much of this interstate tax collecting occurs through no special effort by state and local legislators or tax collectors. Tourists spend as they travel, and all those transactions are taxed. People who own property out of state naturally pay property tax out of state. And the burden of business taxes is borne by the employees, shareholders and customers of those businesses, wherever they live.

However, many states have made a conscious effort for years to raise taxes on non-residents, and that effort seems to be accelerating. In fact, many campaigns for tax-raising legislation in the last several years have explicitly advertised the preponderance of non-voting, non-resident payers as a reason for resident voters to accept the tax.

This beggar-thy-neighbor effort has been mostly legislative, exemplified by a wave of tax hikes on tourism: hotel rooms, rental cars, restaurant meals, and local sales taxes in resort areas. States and localities have also enacted separate, higher tax rates for non-residents' property and income. The effort to soak nonresidents has also been administrative, as departments of revenue have pursued non-resident income tax revenue from individuals and corporations with far more zeal than in years past.

In some cases the tax exporting is a wash from the tax collector's perspective. That is, a state collects about the same amount from non-residents as its own residents pay to out-of-state governments. But in many cases there's a significant difference.

By tallying tax payments in the taxpayers' home states, this annual tax burden report allows policymakers, researchers, media, and citizens to go beyond a tally of collections to the question of which states' residents are most burdened by state and local taxes.

1x 256MB PC100/133 SODIMM

Thats what I am looking for on FS/FT but I'd rather win the video card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back