Galaxy Final Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most disturbing and questionable Nursery Rhyme- "Rub-A-Dub-Dub, three men in a tub" Need I say more??

Oh lord, work must have been interesting this morning.....

Sub CountWordPhrase()

Dim x, Response, ExitResponse
Dim y As Integer

' If an error occurs, continue the macro.
On Error Resume Next

AskAgain:

' Ask for the text to count.
x = InputBox("Type the word you want to count and then click OK." _
& Chr$(13) & Chr$(13) & _
"NOTE: This macro will find a whole word only. If the text you typed " _
& "is part of a larger string, it will also be found.")

' If text typed is blank or spaces, then ask to quit.
If x = "" Or x = " " Then
ExitResponse = MsgBox("You either clicked Cancel or you did " & _
"not type a word. Do you want to quit?", vbYesNo)

If ExitResponse = 6 Then
End
Else
' If answer No to quit, then ask for text to count again.
GoTo AskAgain
End If
Else

' Search for and count occurrences of the text typed.
With ActiveDocument.Content.find
Do While .Execute(FindText:=x, Forward:=True, Format:=True, _
MatchWholeWord:=True) = True

' Display message in Word's Status Bar.
StatusBar = "Word is counting the occurrences of the text " & _
Chr$(34) & x & Chr$(34) & "."

y = y + 1
Loop
End With

' Display Message Box with results.
Response = MsgBox("The text " & Chr$(34) & x & Chr$(34) & " was found" _
& Str$(y) & " times.", vbOKOnly)

End If
End Sub

Can't put my CTRL-V... It's my Windows 7 Ultimate key. :) But, still in!

Ditto. Played over 100 hours, as much as 8hrs in a row, no problems. Only after the "big patch & DLC" do I now have a video card overheating issue. I have an ATI HD 4850. Useing the CCC I watch my temp rise to 100 C within 10 min of play, and have to shut it down, or the computer will shut itself down.

I followed one posters advice and uninstalled the driver, rebooted, ran driver sweeper, rebotted, then installed the latest ATI driver 10.12, but the issue remains the same. No other game or application I use causes my video card to rise in tempature like this. I have tried replaceing the side pannell with dual fans, but that only slows the heating rate, and it still eventually overheats (adds about 5min play time)

I am convinced that I will have to wait until a fix is patched into the game before I will be able to play it again.
Update, if I select DX9, with all the graphic settings on low, I can play for a full 30 min before hitting 100C. (just a reminder, I could play on DX10/11 with graphic settings on high without overheating before...)

1.) What resolution are you playing at?
2.) If the resolution is NOT 1920x1080, do you have vsync on? If not turn it on.
3.) Download a free 3rd party video card OC utility. (MSI Afterburner is great, does not require you to own an MSI card). Use this software to manually max out your fan speed.

I don't know what about the update may have exacerbated your problem. It doesn't make sense, to the point I think they may be random occurrences that are unrelated. That being said, a combination of these may help you as a workaround for the time being.

Other than that, my only recommendation is to replace the video card. I wouldn't play this game on pre-DX 11 hardware.

from my post here

No joke, this is what it was:

500x_favrefavrefavre.jpg

Yeah, that's right, my clipboard was empty.... well not technically empty, but I tried to copy an image and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back