GALAX Unveils a Single-slot GeForce GTX 1070

illli

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
Wow, that is pretty cool, could fit two of these in the same space as a single double slot GPU with the right bifurcated PCIe splitter.

Full cover water blocks & a custom bridge for the water i/o between the two (I believe EK has something for this now?), would make that Bifurcation build even sweeter…!

I can imagine an i7 5820K or i7 6800K CPU in the ASRock X99 mITX MB with a pair of these SLI'ed and then the CPU/GPUs all water-cooled…!

Wow, that is pretty cool, could fit two of these in the same space as a single double slot GPU with the right bifurcated PCIe splitter.

The PCIe slot can deliver 75W, so dual GTX1070 is unlikely to happen with a PCIe splitter

Don't some pcie splitters have a separate connection for a 12v molex?

There are some. And, @Ivyelion, I think that these GPUs (with TDPs much larger than 75W) primarily draw power off of the 6/8-pin PEG connectors. Others have passively split a single 16x PCIe port and have run two GTX 1070s or 970s with no problem. If you were splitting to two GTX 750 Tis, 1050s, etc. you would have a problem since those cards don't have PEG connectors supplying power.

There are some. And, @Ivyelion, I think that these GPUs (with TDPs much larger than 75W) primarily draw power off of the 6/8-pin PEG connectors. Others have passively split a single 16x PCIe port and have run two GTX 1070s or 970s with no problem. If you were splitting to two GTX 750 Tis, 1050s, etc. you would have a problem since those cards don't have PEG connectors supplying power.

jb1, I have to disagree with you here. Although the card may draw most of the power from PEG, they still need a lot of power from the motherboard, tomshardware review showed the GTX1070 drew around 70W constantly and can spike over 75W quite often when under load. And the PCIE slot will actually provide 65W.
"This means that the PCIe slot doesn’t really provide the 75W most enthusiasts assume it does, since the 12V rail only offers about 65W on its own."

But yes, I guess you can use the PCIE splitter that uses molex, would be nice to see one that works

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-pascal-performance,4585-7.html

r_600x450.png

Back