EYJcYtb.jpg

ulmjjwP.jpg

feA4OMn.jpg

BVo1fcN.jpg

DwW8XJq.jpg

afbTcyE.jpg

sLBaj6D.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad there's no backplate. I guess I'll hold out for MSI.

I'm so happy they removed the backplate. I had the 970 HOF's and it ruined them. What's the point of a gorgeous white pcb if you can't see it in all its splendor :p

How are the HOF cards? Galax have a good warranty? My options might be opening up since they don't have an ETA on when they will be getting more Gigabyte G1's in stock (had to RMA the dead card).

Not even sure if the thing will fit in my damn case. I'm going to have to measure.

Are these considerably faster and more overclockable than the EVGA SC+ ACX 2.0+? It's only $20 more, so why not?

Think it will fit in a full sized HAF-X? It should. I want to put 2 in there.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with their customer service and RMA? I sent them an Email to their sales address and never got reply which makes me a little nervous.

Please tell me you are getting one for testing :)

We are not set up for LN2 testing. That is more for a carnival sideshow anyway.

Galaxy has never spoken to us again after telling the truth about the company a couple of years ago.

So I finally got a reply from them. Even though their FAQ states that they charge 24 hours before shipping, for the preorder, they will charge your credit card right away even though the card won't ship until 7/10. That's kind of ridiculous.

So I finally got a reply from them. Even though their FAQ states that they charge 24 hours before shipping, for the preorder, they will charge your credit card right away even though the card won't ship until 7/10. That's kind of ridiculous.

Uhh, thats actually pretty common for pre releasing products. :rolleyes:

That thing looks gorgeous. Makes me wanna buy a white h440 and build a new pc.

This "voltage tool" - can anyone who has a 970 or 980 HOF talk about this? How far beyond stock limits can you go?

I preordered this the first day I saw it. It has a pending charge on my paypal, but paypal did not draw funds from my account yet. I don't think they will draw the money until they are ready to ship.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw my account get charged just now. Looks like they did not charge it on Friday, so the next business day would be today.

Uh oh. Well, if they're such a shit company in NA I don't think I'm going to bother.

Thought about waiting for one of these but pulled the trigger on a evga acx base model. It'll make getting a waterblock easier/quicker.

These cards look really cool and everything...but I can't help get a big whiff of "stay away" the more I read about them. Especially with the LN2 version, with a small limited release, promise of amazing overclocks, and requirement of a pre-order, just makes me think "big risk". Especially when they try to entice you with 3dMark scores from their cherry-picked model. When buying a videocard, who knows what problems it might come with. If a videocard's release is small enough, I can totally imagine a company sweeping any common issues with their version of the card under the rug.

Or I guess in any case, a company that is encouraging you to blindly buy their product under the promise that "it will be really awesome and we have service technicians who will help you", is requiring way too much trust from the consumer. Maybe if Galax was a super-well known and respect company with a reputation for the best versions of every card they release. But honestly, I've never heard that many good things about them. As far as expensive, premium items go, I've had just as many QC issues with them (if not more) than cheap electronic items.

Last edited:
Thought about waiting for one of these but pulled the trigger on a evga acx base model. It'll make getting a waterblock easier/quicker.

You managed to find one in stock in the US? Outside of Amazon no one seems to have it. Unfortunately I'd have to pay $40 tax to them.

You managed to find one in stock in the US? Outside of Amazon no one seems to have it. Unfortunately I'd have to pay $40 tax to them.

Ordered it from evga.com on Friday I think, they keep selling out. They still have the SC model in stock for $670. Amazon's prices are through the roof right now! Now I'm looking at waterblocks, dont know if I want to go EK: http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-fc-titan-x-gtx980-ti-waterblock.html or AquaComputer: http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquacomputer-kryographics-for-gtx-titan-x-acrylic-glass-edition.html

Edit: NVM all their 980ti's are sold as of today :(

Last edited:
$700 with instant price drop to $550 in a couple days when Fury / Fury x is released!

Unless the Fury X is +15-20% faster than the 980 Ti I don't expect a price drop. It has more VRAM, and NVIDIA usually rides their brand recognition.

Really? I remember you guys were really positive about their products. Their engineering looks pretty impressive. Kind of sad they let the bridges burn on that one.

Product design and engineering and how you run a company are two totally different things.

Unless the Fury X is +15-20% faster than the 980 Ti I don't expect a price drop. It has more VRAM, and NVIDIA usually rides their brand recognition.

Yeah it has more ram but if 4gb HBM is enough up to 4k and it's faster than even the Titan, which it looks that way, how can Nvidia get away charging so much? Heck, it seems the $550 Fury will match the 980ti. Surely the extra 2gb vram doesn't cost $100. I guarantee there is a price drop.

I have my doubts as to whether 4GB is truly enough at 4K when you have more than 1 GPU and can actually push settings a bit. We'll have to see, though.

Back