Gainward 6800 GS and MSI k8n neo2 plat.

ematsui

Weaksauce
Hi,

I currently have this setup with a BFG 6800gt but i decided to buy a Gainward Golden Sample. I was wondering if anyone has this setup and had any problems fitting the Gainward in the AGP slot with the Northbridge fan so close? I noticed how big the gainward is and now am worried that it wont fit. Thanks in adv.

I'm looking at getting the same rig, and everyone has told me there doesn't seem to be any problems with this combination.. the HSF on the northbridge is low profile enough, where there won't be a clearance problem. It shoudn't interfere with the SATA ports either, but I'm still waiting for a definate answer on that one.. Since you have the board, you can tell me if SATA 2 is inline with either the top of the bottom of PCI 2. If it's the bottom, which is what it looks like, it should be fine.. If it's the top, there might be a clearance issue, but a few people have this combo and haven't complained, so I guess it's ok..

yea i can let you know when i get home tonight
would like to hear from someone that has this setup though :cool:

there's a few threads in the motherboard section that talk about the Neo2, and some people in there have the Gainward.. No one has mentioned any problems with clearance, when I have asked, as I want to get this board myself, so I'm assuming I won't have any issues.

Back