GabeN AMA at 1pm PST 3/3

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
It will commence 3 hours from his original post.
Today is 3/3
GabeN has had 2 frapachinos with a third to be downed before the AMA.

Absolutely nothing will come from this.

EDIT: Just follow this link for now, something is wrong with the thread. Any new comment he does will show up here.
http://www.reddit.com/user/GabeNewellBellevue/comments/

Last edited:
If Redditors don't post "HL3 Confirmed." after every single post GabeN makes, the Internet has failed.

Hoping for a Source 2 soft announcement with l4d3 as the game it will be paired with.

The new engine should usher in a wave of new games.

I'm not sure, but I posted his comments page link, anything new he posts will show up there, including the new thread, I suppose.

I don't even see it in the AMA calendar. Was this a last-minute thing they couldn't set up in time? :confused:

Seems an over-zealous moderator decided it was in violation of the rules to make the AMA thread too early before the actual intended time and scuttled the thing.

Lame.

Seems an over-zealous moderator decided it was in violation of the rules to make the AMA thread too early before the actual intended time and scuttled the thing.

Lame.
Heh, apparently people are downvoting the moderator's comment enough that he asked them to stop so Gabe can "learn from his mistake." :rolleyes:

That mod should just be glad it wasn't a Vladimir Putin AMA.

'Cause, you know, he'd [strike=1]be killed[/s] die of natural causes and stuff.

You know those "AMA's" on Reddit are pointless, they usually end off with 5,000 questions, many repeats and maybe like 5 answered...and you can never find the ones that are answered. : /

Yeah pretty disappointed as someone said above, it was crapped on apparently. I went to it now, 6 hours later, and it is just deleted comments maybe < 20 or so.

I wonder if anyone will ask about HL3.

[&#8211;]VeggieSmuggler 282 points 45 minutes ago*
Do you play Dota 2 a lot? What's your favorite hero? Is HL3 coming?

[&#8211;]GabeNewellBellevueGabe Newell 536 points 28 minutes ago
1) Yup 2) Sand King / Random 3) Yes

I think that is all we are getting today, but there it is.

At least some sort of game/product/service with the same acronym, if not Half-Life 3 itself.

Actually, this exchange is clearer.
[&#8211;]indexcardartist 943 points 1 hour ago

http://i.imgur.com/lp1HN4o.jpg When is Ricochet 2?

[&#8211;]GabeNewellBellevueGabe Newell 1526 points 1 hour ago

When we announced our products years in advance in the past and then were really late delivering them, it was pretty painful for both us and the community. We'd rather not repeat that.

And disregard VeggieSmuggler's post. That little * means he changed the question after it was asked. :mad:

There's been enough leaks to tell us HL3 is being worked on to some degree.

Honestly do you really think they will never release another Half-Life?

If he wasn't going to talk about HL3 then what was the point of the AMA? It was pretty much the only thing people were interested in.

Back