GA-Z68XP-UD4 or GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3?

Discobob73

Limp Gawd
Thoughts on which one? Going to pair it up with a 2500k with some overclocking.

The UD4 has more USB ports and lacks gfx ports (Which I dont need)

The UD3H is a well reviewed board and is about $40 cheaper

I'm leaning towards the UD4, but can't make up if it's worth the $40 extra. Decisions....decisions...any input would be great. :)

Unless you think you'll need the USB ports, just get the UD3H. Performance-wise, it'll be the same.

I just bought the UD4, if you can wait a few days (monday or tuesday) I can give some feedback, personally i like the better look of the board and the extra USB ports.

I just bought the ud4 and love it. Looks really sleek and supposedly it is better for OC because it has double the phase power 16 in the ud4 and the ud3 has 8. Now how this transfers into real life computing IDK but I am enjoying it immensely. I say go with the ud4 since you plan to OC. My thinking was, could I use that 40 dollars on something to make my build that much better, that would outweigh the peace of mind I get from having double the Phases (even if it is a marketing gimmick). The answer for me was no. Your going to love the 2500k I just switched from amd and I could not be happier.

Why not the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3? A bit cheaper even still.

i used this board in a build not to long ago, very good board for the 3 weeks i was stress testing the hell out of it with a 2600k @ 4.8Ghz and has run flawless for the person i built it for so far.

i used this board in a build not to long ago, very good board for the 3 weeks i was stress testing the hell out of it with a 2600k @ 4.8Ghz and has run flawless for the person i built it for so far.

Maybe it's me and the fact that this is my first Gigabyte board. My last board was DFI UT P45 T2RS. This was a bitch to dial in. Mainly due to whenever an overclock failed, I had to reset the bios each time or else the computer would act like it was going to post with the fans spinning and then shutting down, only to repeat the cycle again until I held down the power button. This one factor made it tedious when trying to overclocked. There are other quirks about this board that made me wish I had gone with an Asus or MSI. But I'm stuck with it for now and it's finally priming with no BSOD for the past hour.

Back