GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 "fixing ME firmware data" message after post

revenant

[H]F Squad Captain
I just got a new system together so I can retire my old 24/7 machine and got a weird message after post (after the 'starting the OS...' banner) which said something like

"fixing ME firmware data 0...100" (it went from 0 to 100 VERY fast)

the message only lasted about 1 or 2 seconds and it has only happened once, windows 7 started right up and was fine afterward.. but I think my system clock reset because of it.. not 100% sure on that but I thought it was accurate before I saw the message. Anyways, this happened right after I installed the Nvidia video drivers 275.33, which may or may not be of any relevance.

I am on the latest official bios release (F5) and installed all of the latest intel chipset drivers... etc etc... I guess ME means the Intel Management Engine... the system seems fine to me but these little things get under my skin sometimes.. lol. *sigh* not sure if I should be worried about more issues to come or just forget about it. Aside from that the system went together without a hitch...

core i5 2400
ga-z68x-ud3-b3
9500GT
2x 4g corsair ddr3 (1600 @ 9-9-9-24)
agility 3 120g

anyone else see a message like this on their p/h/z68 mobo?

Probably has something to do with the new SSD Cache or Intel controller. Is that exactly what it says?

Thanks for the response. The message flashed very fast so wasn't sure on the syntax but did some googling and found one or two other accounts of this happening and that was the message. But these were related to more serious issues and with a p67 chipset mobo (gigabyte also). In those instances one was fixed by disabling legacy USB support and one was fixed with a bios update...

I'm not going to fret too much but being the neurotic person I am thought I would post something to see if anyone here had encountered it.

I haven't seen it since... I think what may have happened is I didn't fully power my system down after the bios flash and during that restart it powered itself off... so must have been that part of the flash hadn't finished until then.

Back