GA-P67A-UD7-B3 and Zalman 9500A-LED

Nobody has this combo?

I was really hoping to be able to use this cooler because it looks amazing, and it's a Zalman. It's sitting in the closet now, it's lonely. It wants to be appreciated and paired with a nice new MB. Somebody must have this little beauty installed in their UD7...Anyone?

Wish the G.Skill ripjaws didn't stick out quite so high. I bet it won't work. I bet the memory heat sinks will stick out too far and touch the 9500's heat sink. Bummer. :(

You turkeys.

Nobody here has this combo?

Well, I will have to be the first one to test this.

Is this site bigger or smaller than the overclocking.net forum?

While I don't have this exact combo I have one of these coolers on a 5 year old Athlon 64 X2 4400+.

A.) It's an OLD design

B.) if you plan on overclocking much over 500 MHz I'd think about using something else..

While I don't have this exact combo I have one of these coolers on a 5 year old Athlon 64 X2 4400+.

A.) It's an OLD design

B.) if you plan on overclocking much over 500 MHz I'd think about using something else..

Thanks. I didn't know it was that old. I purchased it mostly on ratings, size, pure copper, and company loyalty (Zalman). Didn't realize it was such a dinosaur. After looking at the reviews closer, I'm seeing that they do go back to 2005, but many are within the past few days. No wonder nobody here has this combo. :(

Just curious though, what are the primary bad points about this cooler, other than it being so old?

I have a small midsize case (Antec Sonata I and II) and so I chose this cooler partialy based on size (has a tiny 92mm fan). Perhaps I should have opted for something larger.

I was hoping to get my 2600K to around 4.6 to 4.8 range. Your saying this isn't the cooler for that job?

With this cooler being as old as it is, could it actually be a downgrade from the stock 2600K cooler, or is it still quite an improvement compared to the stock cooler?

I noticed some of the newer Zalman's user pure copper and black pearl to get an amazing silver look (instead of the less nice looking traditional copper look). Does the Pure Copper/Black-Pearl Nickel Plated editions offer as good of cooling as the traditional pure copper only parts? I really like the newer color looks.

I think I could still return this cooler (from Newegg), if I send it back within the next few days. Based on your response, I'm starting to wonder if that might be the best option.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't know it was that old. I purchased it mostly on ratings, size, pure copper, and company loyalty (Zalman). Didn't realize it was such a dinosaur. After looking at the reviews closer, I'm seeing that they do go back to 2005, but many are within the past few days. No wonder nobody here has this combo. :(

Just curious though, what are the primary bad points about this cooler, other than it being so old?

I have a small midsize case (Antec Sonata I and II) and so I chose this cooler partialy based on size (has a tiny 92mm fan). Perhaps I should have opted for something larger.

I was hoping to get my 2600K to around 4.6 to 4.8 range. Your saying this isn't the cooler for that job?

With this cooler being as old as it is, could it actually be a downgrade from the stock 2600K cooler, or is it still quite an improvement compared to the stock cooler?

I noticed some of the newer Zalman's user pure copper and black pearl to get an amazing silver look (instead of the less nice looking traditional copper look). Does the Pure Copper/Black-Pearl Nickel Plated editions offer as good of cooling as the traditional pure copper only parts? I really like the newer color looks.

I think I could still return this cooler (from Newegg), if I send it back within the next few days. Based on your response, I'm starting to wonder if that might be the best option.

Should of went with the Zalman 9900MAX.

I'm pretty sure that cooler isn't going to cut it. It might be better than the stock Intel cooler, but only just..

The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is a favorite around here. Anything by arctic cooling is money well spent in my book as well though installing them can be an adventure.
- newest Arctic Cooling heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=arctic_cooling-_-35-186-039-_-Product

You will need to look at the dimensions of each cooler you are considering and figure out if they'll fit in your case

you can also just google the cooler you are considering and your case name and see what you get

With the restrictions in your case, BUT with the fact that it has a 120mm fan in the back I'd consider a Corsair H50 in a push/pull configuration. They are $60 at Best Buy right now and worth every cent.

I'm pretty sure that cooler isn't going to cut it. It might be better than the stock Intel cooler, but only just..

The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is a favorite around here. Anything by arctic cooling is money well spent in my book as well though installing them can be an adventure.
- newest Arctic Cooling heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=arctic_cooling-_-35-186-039-_-Product

You will need to look at the dimensions of each cooler you are considering and figure out if they'll fit in your case

you can also just google the cooler you are considering and your case name and see what you get

With the restrictions in your case, BUT with the fact that it has a 120mm fan in the back I'd consider a Corsair H50 in a push/pull configuration. They are $60 at Best Buy right now and worth every cent.

Thanks. I'm hoping to stick with Zalman air though. The H50 is liquid based. and I've previously looked at the hyper 212 but think it looks a little junky. Reminds me of the Xbox360 for some reason, compared to the Zalman's more streamlined sublime approach. Is the 9900Max really that much cooler than the 9500A? Anyone have both of these coolers, or compared them in the past to each other?

Thanks. I'm hoping to stick with Zalman air though. The H50 is liquid based. and I've previously looked at the hyper 212 but think it looks a little junky. Reminds me of the Xbox360 for some reason, compared to the Zalman's more streamlined sublime approach. Is the 9900Max really that much cooler than the 9500A? Anyone have both of these coolers, or compared them in the past to each other?

http://www.guru3d.com/article/zalman-cnps-9900-max-review/7

You'll have to do some your own research. Sounds like if you want to stick to Zalman the 9900 MAX is th best. Good luck to you!

You'll have to do some your own research. Sounds like if you want to stick to Zalman the 9900 MAX is th best. Good luck to you!

That is what it is starting to look like. I think I'm going to send the 9500A back and get the 9900Max. It sounds like a good cooler for the 2600K. thanks

Back