GA-H61N-USB3 & I3 2100T

solara2xb

n00b
Hey All,

Not sure if there is anyone familiar with Hackintosh or not but I am building a Hackintosh and also running a full version of Win7 Pro in the same system. Dual OS

Some of the parts I am using are:
GA-H61N-USB3 ITX Mobo
i3 2100t Chip (for lower power and heat)
DDR 3 1333 4GB ram
HD 6850 GPU
240GB SSD

the important parts are listed. has to be ITX since I am using the Bitfenix Prodigy case.
The combo is good for hackintosh(based on my research of compatibilit parts) but do you guys think it can handle some light Win7 gaming?? Such as BF3, maybe some CODMW3.

Check prices on HD 6870, about $15 more than 6850, might be worth it, depending.
Samsung low profile 1600 RAM 1.35 volt, 4 GB stick $23.50, 2x4gb kit $47 low profile too.
You can undervolt any of the I3 chips to accomplish same as the extra cost "T" rating. Only change may be height of heat sink. Not an issue in Prodigy.
And for gaming could boost voltage for top performance. 2120 much better than T for gaming. 2100 $120 sometimes less, 2120 $125, sometimes less.

Check newegg, the HyperX 256 SSD was $160 today.

Samsung F3 1TB is $70 on 48 hour sale

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for your reply, I guess I should have added that I already have some of the items listed. I've been making small purchases over the last few weeks. Originally I was only going to use this as a hackintosh, However one of my buddies said I should just add windows into the dual boot OS and have win7 also so I can use this as my travel PC since it will be compacted.

Parts I already have:

Mobo - Got it on Amazon a few weeks ago for $70 shipped
CPU - Got it at fry's on clearance for $67 BNIB
GPU - Pulled from my old HTPC that I just parted out and sold.
DDR3 - reused from my HTPC which is Crucial Balistics DDR3 1333mhz 1.5v 2x2Gb sticks

SSD, Case and PSU is all I need to buy now... But case I have already chosen.
SSD and PSU still up in the air, but would want at least 240 or 256 GB min..

Back