GA-G33M-DS2R

Anybody know if an XP-120 will fit on this board?

What sort of HSFs are you guys who have this board using? Any clearance issues thus far?

Thanks!

My guess is that'll fit most HSF units. The limiting factor will be case size so since we're talking SFF here most people are only going to be able use small HSF for the majority. The testers are using open bench methods mostly so they are not limited at all. The XP-120 will fit if your case choice allows it.

Motherboards don't usually dictate HSF size, cases do on the other hand. :eek:

- JT

I wouldn't have asked if I hadn't read something about it...

Thermalright has a "Motherboard compatibility" table for the XP-120...

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_faq_motherboard_xp120_p4.htm

Commentary from Silent PC Review:
"While Thermalright has tried to make the XP-120 fit as many motherboards as possible, potential users are well-advised to check Thermalright's Motherboard Compatibility charts for P4 and AMD motherboards."

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article186-page1.html

This new board is so well laid out, I seriously doubt any HSF would not be able to fit. I've been running GA boards for 8 years and haven't run into any HSF issues yet.

- JT

Yes, he's already said on here that he's planning on stocking it when it becomes available. :cool:

Not available as of yet and not even on the distributors website. Foolishly I am trying to do a big order like I did with the F-I90HD from Abit.

Other than the lack of HTPC support this boards looks to be pretty nice.

Not available as of yet and not even on the distributors website. Foolishly I am trying to do a big order like I did with the F-I90HD from Abit.

Steeeve, just curious what you mean by lack of HTPC support?

Unless another board comes along with the same chipset and better features, I think you will be safe this time around. Definitely in for one of these. :cool: I already put in a good word for your store over on EOCF ;) /shamelessplug By the way they have a new SFF forum, if you guys want to check it out. /shamelessplug

This board looks pretty promising to me but i have a question. I currently have 2GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR1000 Tracers.

Does anybody know if i would have problems running those babys in this board? Or should i be lookin at the F-I90HD?

This board looks pretty promising to me but i have a question. I currently have 2GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR1000 Tracers.

Does anybody know if i would have problems running those babys in this board? Or should i be lookin at the F-I90HD?
perfectly!
i tried crucial value 5300 (d9gmh) & ballistix 5300 (d9gmh too) on this mb and they work without "hassle" out of their specification!

There was only one there in stock. I had no cash, so I will order later..:(
BUT PLEASE - share all details when you get it !!! :)

You lucky bastages! Fuxin Americans getting the shaft again. :mad:

Look at the bright side. They get to be the guniea pigs and figure out what works and what doesnt. So by the time North America gets it we'll have the knowledge availble upon opening the box. Hopefully Gigabyte will have a 1:1 divider fix in by then too.

just off the phone with tekheads and they will be getting some more in next week, sold 20 of these in 2days :)

color doesn't matter!
The abit f-i90hd is sexier but in term of reability does not match the gigabyte which overclock easily over fsb@400.

Oh thank God. Finally a SFF mobo worth looking into.

I got tired of waiting and picked up a P5B Deluxe and planned on building a case as small as I can for it. But I think I'll hold of on building my case till this board hits the USA and build a true SFF system.

What a bummer. Was drooling over the board until I saw that it didn't include a DVI port. What an odd exclusion. :(

Still no signs of them arriving early in the US. However, OZdirect has them for $150 USD so that will likely be close to the going rate here.

What a bummer. Was drooling over the board until I saw that it didn't include a DVI port. What an odd exclusion. :(

I'm still not finding anything out. I contacted Gigabyte and if that doesn't work I'll contact my distributor and get a contact.

Several popular mail order vendors already have stock, they just aren't allowed to list / sell them until June 4. On June 4, you'll see them at Newegg, etc.

You lucky bastages! Fuxin Americans getting the shaft again. :mad:

Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.

But in case it wasn't, I think the Europeans have been shafter far more times and worse than Americans in terms of new technology. The PS3, Xbox 360 and the Wii are good examples of America first. So let the Europeans have their win.....for now....:)

Anyway, can't wait for this to come out. My friend wants a new SFF PC for the summer.

Concerning HSF, the Scythe Ninja is incompatible with this Board.

By now, the Board has 1:2 and 3:5 RAM Divider, but the OC-Community is trying to conntact Gigabyte to change this with further BIOS Updates.

any news??

I am expecting the delivery on 29th (I have an exam in the uni on 29th so I chose the cheaper delivery option as I wont be able to test it this weekend) I 'll test it when Im back from uni on 29th and let u know how I get on ;)

Back