G9x can't track on 9HD

fluc02

n00b
I got my new Steelseries 9HD in the mail today, but when I try to use my Logitech G9x on it, it doesn't track at all. No matter how much I move the mouse around on there, it does nothing. I can't find anyone else having this issue, so I feel like I must be missing something incredibly simple and obvious. Can anyone tell me what that might be?

I use a g9x on the smaller 4HD (I think it's called that...the smaller one with the same surface, am higher DPI gamer mostly) and it tracks fine.

Does it work on anything else? Is the underside (lens) dirty? an you try with a some other computer (try without installing any drivers)? Should eliminate driver/mouse issues. But like I said it works fine unless I havea magic one :D

I use a g9x on the smaller 4HD (I think it's called that...the smaller one with the same surface, am higher DPI gamer mostly) and it tracks fine.

Does it work on anything else? Is the underside (lens) dirty? an you try with a some other computer (try without installing any drivers)? Should eliminate driver/mouse issues. But like I said it works fine unless I havea magic one :D

More weirdness. Put my computer to sleep, and when I woke it up my mouse was tracking fine on the 9HD. Hooray! But then, after a couple of minutes it started tracking more and more poorly, and then it stopped tracking entirely. Still works fine on other surfaces though (a book, my desktop); and if I put my computer to sleep and then back on, it starts tracking again.

I don't have another computer to use, but I did try on this computer with and without Logitech's setpoint software and it's all the same. The lens doesn't appear to be dirty. Some weird hardware issue I guess?

When it cuts out and you move it to another surface it works straight away?

Definitely sounds like some kind of weird hardware issue then, as like I said I'm using an HD mousemat and g9x while writing this reply (well...when I clicked on the thread and the reply button), and it's never had any problems tracking. I can even hold it a few mm off the surface and it still tracks perfectly. It also works with the g500 laser.

As it's new I'm guessing theres no dust or particles on it (laser mice don't like highly reflective stuff most the time like glass). But if it was the surface it would never track on it, not do it intermittently. :confused:

My regular g9 won't track a steelseries qck (black cloth) properly - it tracks the threads and makes it skip. It's only set to ~1600 dpi too

Had the same issue with my G500/4HD. Turned out the sensor was faulty. Logitech was kind enough to exchange it for a new one (Without asking for the old one back), been working fine for more than a year now on the same 4HD pad.

I had 3 faulty g9x mice I had to return, so I gave up on them. Kind of a shame since I liked the first g9.

My xai with the same sensor tracks well on my 9hd.

Back