G9 or Mamba, decide my fate

G9 or Mamba

• G9

Votes: 99 63.1%
  • Mamba

Votes: 58 36.9%

• Total voters
I currently have a G7 and love it. Unfortunately, it's starting to have some interference issues so I need to replace it. The G7 has horrible battery life, but it's not a problem at all because you have two batteries that you swap between the mouse and charger. It takes all of 5 seconds to do and you never end up with a dead mouse.

I can't believe Razor didn't do this with their Mamba, or Microsoft with the Wireless Sidewinder. I can't imagine plugging my mouse into a cord to charge it during a long gaming session. The reason I bought a wireless mouse is to not have a wire!

The Sidewinder X8 comes with a AA sized NiMH. If you really had to, and didn't want to unravel the what seems like a 8' cord, you could pop in any 1.5v duracell, energizer, etc.

Ok, Razor is on my never again list now. I like the feel of my Mamba, but now the battery hardly charges. I thought maybe there was some charging issue going on, maybe it doesn't charge when the system was sleeping or something. Well it ran low on me, I put it on the charging stand, I saw the 3 green lights cycling the the pulsing blue light on the base and let it sit with the computer NOT going to sleep. So 3 hours later I come back to the computer and use it for a little while and the battery completely goes out. Pfft.

Most expensive corded mouse with squeeky wheel evar.

I currently have a G7 and love it. Unfortunately, it's starting to have some interference issues so I need to replace it. The G7 has horrible battery life, but it's not a problem at all because you have two batteries that you swap between the mouse and charger. It takes all of 5 seconds to do and you never end up with a dead mouse.

I can't believe Razor didn't do this with their Mamba, or Microsoft with the Wireless Sidewinder. I can't imagine plugging my mouse into a cord to charge it during a long gaming session. The reason I bought a wireless mouse is to not have a wire!

I'll be switching to the Logitech G9; if I'm going to have a cord, I'd rather spend less and have a better product.

this is when you call in logitech for an RMA. It's where your money goes toward i had them replace my g7 for another one after it started to get radio interference with my other stuff.

this is when you call in logitech for an RMA. It's where your money goes toward i had them replace my g7 for another one after it started to get radio interference with my other stuff.

I actually picked up a G9 for my machine since I game a lot, and gave the G7 to my wife. No interference in her room and we're both happy now.

I've tried all of these: MX518, G5, G7, G500, G9, DeathAdder, Lachesis, Mamba.

Currently using the G500 as the I've gotten so used to the hyperscroll of logitech mice that I can't live without it when I'm not gaming, and the G500 has it placed right below the scroll wheel whereas the G9 for some baffling reason has it underneath the mouse.

In terms of ergonomics, I liked the DeathAdder/Mamba the best, especially with the grips and the size/placement of the thumb buttons, but the G series are also quite good (with the exception of the G9). As others have mentioned, the Mamba is really a souped up DeathAdder with wireless features, but it's implemented very poorly. It requires a USB connection to charge, so you can forget about turning off your computer at night to charge it. And locking mechanism for the cable for the mouse itself is a real pain. See this: http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/03/review-razer-mamba-wiredwireless-gaming-mouse/

ive had absolutely HORRIBLE history with Razer and its products just FYI, and quite the opposite with Logitech.

but i recent just went from a G5 to the Mamba and im loving it. im not having any lag nor short battery life. it may just be im lucky but im glad i got it over the "brick" looking G9

Allot of people are intimidated by the G9 (for whatever reason), but I can honestly say, it the best mouse i have ever purchased.

I haven't tried the G9, but the G9x is a superb mouse. I tried a Mamba, brought it back to the store the next day, it would track in opposite directions from where I moved the mouse, go to sleep for 10 seconds while I was using it and so on [while plugged in]. Tried the Imperator and it wasn't as bad as the Mamba but I had to fight with it constantly because tracking was noticeably off. Upgrading the firmware for both didn't change a thing. Got the G9x and it was perfect; smooth, accurate tracking, no errors, and I do *much* better in games with it. My advice: Avoid Razer's new mice.

G9 100%. Its a bulletproof mouse, works excellent, and is quite comfortable. By far the most comfortable mouse I have ever used, and all those who used my computer for an extended period are all unanimous in saying that its a fantastic mouse.

As mentioned earlier, people seem to be intimidated by the G9. However, I guarantee that once you use the mouse for a while, you won't want to go back.

I have manba and every time razer user, My son have the g9 I dont like this because the movement is fractured and not continuous, when you move the dpi, the pointer moves by leaps, razer is continuous and accurate, the only thing that is better in the g9 is remapping the buttons, with razer can not assign keys or macros All buttons. the g9 buttons is another key of keyboard.

Just buy your mouse from a store that takes returns, that way you can return it and get the other mouse if you don't like it. Best Buy does 30 day returns, for instance.

I have manba and every time razer user, My son have the g9 I dont like this because the movement is fractured and not continuous, when you move the dpi, the pointer moves by leaps, razer is continuous and accurate, the only thing that is better in the g9 is remapping the buttons, with razer can not assign keys or macros All buttons. the g9 buttons is another key of keyboard.

Perhaps his G9 is defective or you're using it on a surface that it really doesn't like, then. My G9's movement is definitely "continuous and accurate," but then again I would say the same for my G500, MX 518, DeathAdder, etc. I wouldn't have kept these mice if their cursor movements were anything BUT continuous and accurate, and the G9 doesn't disappoint whatsoever.

For general pc tasks, not just gaming, which feels better, MX Performance, or G9x? Same price.

You should really look into the Sidewinder X8.

Many of the features like the Mamba but does not suffer from the battery/charge issues that the mamba does. The wireless to wired mode is a dream on it as well. When the wire is attached, you don't even notice it (its freakin long and light). It charges in about 20 mins an the charge lasts about 4 straight days without any stuttering whatsoever.

I vote for Sidewinder X8. Cheaper version of the Mamba. Build quality is poor (cheap plastic), ergonomics are not that good but it offers most of what the Mamba does for a lower cost. I got a great deal and I got the Sidewinder for $70 new.

Looked for a G9 at one of the big box stores to see how it felt. Honestly it looks very strangely shaped. Best buy is supposed to sell it but couldn't find one at either of the stores in town. Is this thing as huge as it looks in the pictures?

I just picked up a G9x at Best Buy (on sale for $69) after thinking I'd go with the Mamba since I've been using wireless mice for years. Overall I preferred the G9x's ergonomics and liked the customization it offers. So far I'm extremely happy with the G9x and am not bothered by the wire at all :)

I love, nay, ADORE, the feel of the Deathadder and the Mamba. The extra buttons on the Mamba makes it my absolute dream mouse right now; I've found that its hand feel has the pronounced hump that makes Logitech mice great for big hands, and the curvature just fits my palm perfectly.

The price tag, unfortunately, makes the purchase completely unfeasible.

Seriously, don't ever let anyone pick a mouse for you. Go to BestBuy and test the mice and how they feel if your local BB stocks them but don't ever let someone tell you what mouse to get because hey will recommend what feels good for them and unless your hands are the same size, with the same length fingers and everything else, there is a very good chance that mouse won't feel nearly as good to you as it did for them.

Features are nice but for long gaming sessions, comfort rules. I like how nimble my friends Razor Death Adder feels compard to my G5 R2 but when it comes down to it I can't stand the adder for more than an hour before my hand starts to tire a bit whereas I can game for a day straight with my G5 without any adverse side effect except continuing to seemingly have no life by gaming for a day straight o_O

Back