G810 keys falling off, logitech offers free upgrade to G910 as a replacement take it or something else?

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi Guys,

My 11yrs old son G810 (who loves the keyboard) both CTRL and R keys broke off, Logitech (great support) under 2 years warranty offered free upgrade replacement to G910 as they don't cary G810 anymore :-(
My son loves the keys and layout, I offered him my Steelseries Apex m100 keyboard and he dislikes it (too low keys and too close together).

Is G910 same as G810? I know it is bigger... I know there is G610. I want something that will last longer than G810. However I'm affraid since they all share Orion switches, he might run into this problem again.

Perhaps G Pro would be better, but I'm worry the profile/feel will be different? I'm what you can call retired gamer... LOL ... watching more TV on my free time that gaming... :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW... My older's son G810 (bought at the same time) is still working fine. I guess my younger one has "heavy" fingers LOL.

G610 looks identical to the G810. I happen to have the G610, G810, and both G910's, the Spectrum and Spark.
My G610 has Cherry MX Red switches with white backlight. I don't think the G610 came with RGB.
the 810 and 910 are the same size key area but the 910's keys are smaller at the top.

G610 looks identical to the G810. I happen to have the G610, G810, and both G910's, the Spectrum and Spark.
My G610 has Cherry MX Red switches with white backlight. I don't think the G610 came with RGB.
the 810 and 910 are the same size key area but the 910's keys are smaller at the top.

thanks for your prompt reply. So g910 feels about the same as g810? G910 migth be too big for his keyboard tray :-(.... Is G Pro similar to g810?

give him your old crusty k/b and keep the g910 for yourself. kids get hand-me-downs...
doesn't work like that anymore. LOL I like my steelseries apex m100 keyboard, but like I said it is much different than G-rom logi keyboard. Also he already gets a lot hand-me-down from his older brother. i.e his hockey gear. :) I don't think G910 will fit in his keyboard drawer or it will be tight fit... hmmm.... first world problems ha?

thanks for your prompt reply. So g910 feels about the same as g810? G910 migth be too big for his keyboard tray :-(.... Is G Pro similar to g810?

They feel about the same but you can tell you are using 2 different keyboards due to the shape of the top of the keycaps.

G Pro looks just like the G810 minus the numeric keypad.

G910 looks like 2 inches wider and maybe 2.5" deeper than the G810

I wonder if one of the G815 variants (not sure if Logitech will go for it) would be better alternative. It uses different switches, lower keys...
Since G810/910 use romer G (I belive compared to mx brown), would G815 linear be the closest to the feeling of 810? or would be the G815 Tactile or Clicky GL switches be closer go G810?
Apologies for all stupid questions.

are the AWSD keys shapped differntly on G910?

The G910 Spectrum, all the keys are the same but the WASD keys have a pattern printed on them.
The G910 Spark has a really concave shape on all the keys.
IMG_0559.JPG

Zepher Thanks so much!!! The reason I always comeback to [H] are users like you!!!

This explains why I saw different G910 keys. Unfortunately the G910 won't fit in my son's keyboard tray :-(. Even G815 would be too tight 495mm.

Unless someone will advise me otherwise, I will ask for G Pro keyboard, which seems the same as G810 except without number pad.

Thanks again :)

You ever thought about just simply getting whatever board Logitech sends you, and ask for your original board back, claim "sentimental value" or something like that.

Then, repair the switches that are broken on the old keyboard? That is another of the draws to mechanical keyboards, the ability to repair.

You ever thought about just simply getting whatever board Logitech sends you, and ask for your original board back, claim "sentimental value" or something like that.

Then, repair the switches that are broken on the old keyboard? That is another of the draws to mechanical keyboards, the ability to repair.

I am not sure what determines if you have to send the old keyboard back? When I RMA'd my first G910 that had a blue LED fail on the F4 key, I had to send the original one to them first and they sent me a new retail unit,
when I RMA'd the replacement for intermittent Right Alt key not registering when pressing it they just sent me another one but it was a brown box version. Now this one is starting to sometimes add an extra space when hitting the spacebar sometimes and it's now way past the 2 years when I bought the first one.

When I RMA'd my G810 for a bad LED on the #4 key they just sent me another one, also a brown box one.

My friend had to RMA his G810 a few months ago for a bad LED. He mentioned to me that one of the keys wasn't lighting up and I told him to call Logitech since they have great support and have them replace it.
They didn't have any G810's and they offered him the G512 and he chose the clicky keys. After he got it, he didn't really like the clicky keys and asked to get the non-clicky version, so they sent him that and told him to just keep the clicky G512.
He gave the G810 to a friend and gave the clicky G512 to his girlfriend.
And he really likes the G512 over the G810, prefers the key action and size and feel of it.

I've stopped buying Logitechs product since i bought mine G910 Orion spark.
My current G910 is my 4th and last keyboard from them. The first two had issue with tilted letters on some caps. I asked Logitech for replacement caps so i could change them by my self, but they insisted that i had to ship the whole keyboard to them instead.
The third G910 hade problems with some colors stopped working on like 5 caps. Now on the 4th i have the same issue, and there's one more caps that goes black every week.

Back