G80 launch - 7/8 November

If that's a hard launch, it just saved my ass. I got my 7900GT on August 10.

Orayn said:
If that's a hard launch, it just saved my ass. I got my 7900GT on August 10.

well its only launch so who knows when it will be in the stores.

Domini said:
well its only launch so who knows when it will be in the stores.
Indications are that it will be a "hard launch". . . meaning stores will have them on-hand at the time of the announcement.

H

omgwtfbbq benchmarks. Im not doubting that these cards will most likely be 2x+ faster than current gen, however i am wondering about bottlenecks. CPUs might just not be fast enough maybe? and plus what games are going to need all that power? I just bought my 7900GTO and might possibly have a chance to step up to G80 but i just dont see the point as they will most likely cost 2x as much as i paid for my 7900. My 7900GTO also runs BF2 at 2x SSAA and 16xAF at 1680x1050 so...why would i need the extra power is no games will utilize it?

If the hard launch is the 7th or the 8th, I bet I could probably send in my 7900GT early and have them hold it until the 8800s hit.

Endurancevm said:
omgwtfbbq benchmarks. Im not doubting that these cards will most likely be 2x+ faster than current gen, however i am wondering about bottlenecks. CPUs might just not be fast enough maybe? and plus what games are going to need all that power? I just bought my 7900GTO and might possibly have a chance to step up to G80 but i just dont see the point as they will most likely cost 2x as much as i paid for my 7900. My 7900GTO also runs BF2 at 2x SSAA and 16xAF at 1680x1050 so...why would i need the extra power is no games will utilize it?
Well, you could run BF2 with 8X SSAA... :D

Not to mention COD2 at 1680x1050 with all eye candy, Oblivion, Crysis, UT07...

i doubt crysis in dx10 mode

i want one

but how to get cash?

ps3 launch?
when?
17th of November?
400k for US?
Ebay?
Profit of about $1000?
enough to get a card?
bingo

yeah - there's a big LAN party here in SF on the launch date.. last time (7800GTX launch) they gave away promo cards to a lot of peeps for winning case mod competitions, gaming competitions, video card toss challenge, etc... they gave away a bunch of stuff..

revenant said:
last time (7800GTX launch) they gave away promo cards to a lot of peeps for winning case mod competitions, gaming competitions, video card toss challenge, etc...

Hopefully lightning will strike again...

kuyaglen.hardocp.frontpage.png

lol. nice.. yeah, I didn't know what cat to enter in.. I stupidy went in best of show.. I would have taken the best wire management cat easy.. *sigh*

Back