G34 chip choices.

Spazturtle

[H]ard|Gawd
For some reason (or non who really knows) my B0 6276 ES's won't OC higher then 2.8GHz due to shutting down when the vcore goes higher.

So I am looking for 2 chips to replace them with.

But I am wondering if I should try and find some B1 62xx ES's or wait from the 64xx series.

The 64xx series "Warsaw" uses Piledriver cores just like the 63xx series but is meant to use less power and run cooler.

Do you think it would be worth waiting til Q1 2014 to get new chips or should I get new ones now and OC higher?

Both :D Get the 63xx now and then upgrade when the 64xx come out.

Sadly due to the fact Piledriver was not much of a change from bulldozer (compared to the change from 61xx to 62xx) there are less 63xx ES's then there are 62xx ES's. This means they cost quite a bit more.

Sadly due to the fact Piledriver was not much of a change from bulldozer (compared to the change from 61xx to 62xx) there are less 63xx ES's then there are 62xx ES's. This means they cost quite a bit more.

I agree with this - been looking for a decent deal on 63xx ES chips myself for months now, and am coming to the conclusion that they don't exist.

For some reason (or non who really knows) my B0 6276 ES's won't OC higher then 2.8GHz due to shutting down when the vcore goes higher.

So I am looking for 2 chips to replace them with.

Buy one of Core32's complete 4P systems or see if 402blownstroker still has a MB/CPU combo available. :)

Chips do exist, deals -- not so much.

Certain Korean seller has them (6380/6386 ES) every now and then.
Sadly, they are priced way above high end 4P Xeons making AMD 6300
series not very attractive.

While one can extract more absolute performance (PPD) from AMD 6300
system than 4P Xeon system, it comes at the expense of power (in)efficiency.

In any event, 6300 series PPD/W _is_ higher than 6100/6200 series but lower
than 4P Xeon.

There was one guy whos old some 2.4 samples sub $400. He had 6, a set of 4 was gone when I checked it out, and I grabbed the last two. Now I'm waiting for another pair :p or Santa Claus :D

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just picked up two ZS232545TGG45 (6276 ES B1 stepping) to replace my current B0 stepping ones.

Got them fro $150 each, think thats a pretty good deal I got.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have yet to see a finished WU at over 1m on my E5-4650s; however, I haven't gotten an 8102 since I've put that rig on-line folding back in May. I have gotten several segments of several WUs at 1m+ PPD, but never an ending 1m (according to HFM).

I wasn't buying the 83xx AMD chips anyway...I was just curious. :D

Unless you're replacing other G34 chips in an existing motherboard, I'd recommend putting that money towards the Intel 4P socket 2011 setup. I recently purchased 4 E5-4650's for $500 each. The system is capable of 1M PPD on certain work units.

Last edited:
If you are finishing more than one WU a day on average the you can hit 1M ppd without seeing 1M points per WU.

Back