G31M-S (rev 2.0) OC FSB (?)

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
Hello,
I have an:
ASrock G31M-S (rev 2.0) motherboard.
It has the Intel G31 chipset (ICH7 southbridge).

I have an E6320 C2D in it.

The CPU has a FSB of 1066, but the motherboard has an jumper OC for upto 1600.

However, it only has settings for: 533, 800, and 1600.

Is it fine just to run it at 1600? I am currently running it at 800 with DDR2 6400 ram (1 stick, will be 2 by tomorrow), it feels fine, but I was warned by the manual there might be stability issues with it at 800.

Thanks!
-Jeremy

You know what? When people say: RTFM, they mean RTFM.

The support guide states: the FSB will automatically clock to the highest FSB limited by:
1) the jumper settings
2) the CPU FSB limit

RTFM... RTFM...

I'm alright, now.

I never OCd it, but the board says I could. The FSB warning scared me, though.

EDIT: I just got the 1.86 -> 2.1 GHz stable (boots fine) FSB is unknown, as I haven't checked it yet.

I never OCd it, but the board says I could. The FSB warning scared me, though.

EDIT: I just got the 1.86 -> 2.1 GHz stable (boots fine) FSB is unknown, as I haven't checked it yet.

300mhz probably (1200mhz quad pumped). 300x7= 2.1Ghz. What kind of RAM settings does that board have?

I'll check. I'll post back tomorrow, as one of the cables (ground) on my repinned P4 power plug came loose. So I gotta repin it again. :)() I got pics of it in the 'cramped mATX' build thread. (also a youtube video in the HP Slimline thread, on the last page).

I'll check. I'll post back tomorrow, as one of the cables (ground) on my repinned P4 power plug came loose. So I gotta repin it again. :)() I got pics of it in the 'cramped mATX' build thread. (also a youtube video in the HP Slimline thread, on the last page).

Yeah, I watched the video. I was just wondering as the Gigabyte board is pretty much the best from what I've seen of the G31 boards for OCing, but maybe the ASRock isn't too bad either.

ASrock is ASUS.

Somebody said it best:

ASrock is just a bunch of eager kids, set loose by ASUS to do whatever they want, with ASUS's technical expertise to back them.

The ASrock one, however, still needs jumpers to OC. (dunno about memory, I'll know tomorrow!)

All kinds of ram settings. Only command rate is missing.

Voltage, the wierd two number settings, and the CAS stuff are all there. Also, of course, forced speed.

Back