G2A admits it sold stolen game keys

I don't remember if I ever bought a key from G2A or not.. I was going to buy the Duke Nukem game that is no longer available, but I know I never actually did.. I know I've used cdkeys and Kinguin though

man you will waste your life fighting these type of crusades and doing amateur investigative journalism. when there is significant evidence the law will sort it out, unless you are seriously considering g2a-level law enforcement corruption(what are they doing, gifting the AG copies of minecraft lol? heck id sell my soul for a free month of warcraft). guess what? buying more from g2a would accelerate that process. until then its some serious white knighting and virtue signaling. if you dont like it then dont buy from them and stop pretending you have psychic powers to read the minds and intentions of the people over at g2a.

"g2g sells stolen keys" means different things to different people, because g2a would only have to have sold 2 bad keys for that statement to be true, and i dont think anyone is dumb enough to be arguing about that! so whats it gotta be? over 1000? a certain % of their revenue? what number is that? why did you choose that? should it be compared to steam(because they have had bad key experience too)? raw sales compared to steam or proportionate? over 25% stolen keys? why because that seems significant? even 1% of sales deeply affects a company, how many keys is that? is it feasible to staff enough people to investigate whatever that is? apples to apples? or oranges? but cant something only be stolen or not stolen? huh? who? Kayne? is that you? on the ranch?

You act like it is easy to police the internet. Newsflash: it's not. G2A very likely operates out of a country where digital law enforcement is nonexistent, or at best, very corrupted. It is very easy to ignore borders as a wrongdoer, but enforcement has to tangle with international relations and treaties.

But please, the next time a Nigerian prince offers you 1 million to help him out and only requires your bank account number to do it, just give him your personal bank account number. I'm sure it is completely legitimate. And if it wasn't, I'm sure law enforcement can take care of it for you.

You act like it is easy to police the internet. Newsflash: it's not. G2A very likely operates out of a country where digital law enforcement is nonexistent, or at best, very corrupted. It is very easy to ignore borders as a wrongdoer, but enforcement has to tangle with international relations and treaties.

But please, the next time a Nigerian prince offers you 1 million to help him out and only requires your bank account number to do it, just give him your personal bank account number. I'm sure it is completely legitimate. And if it wasn't, I'm sure law enforcement can take care of it for you.

4/10

Back