G2 80 G back at newegg.

Yesterday they were $229.99 while they were in stock, you can get a Gen1 drive for $229.99 today though. :p

Almost a 10% price hike and 1 per customer limit. thanks newegg i think ill wait.

I agree, but I don't think they care. They are selling the snot out of them regardless, and probably would even at $260+ because people are going nutzo for these drives right now.

Yes, they raised the prices on both the 80 and 160. They're tagged retail rather than OEM, so maybe they come with a SATA cable and a 2.5"/3.5" shim. Probably not.

Newegg price on the 80gb just jumped to $280 from $250 earlier today. Glad I went ahead and ordered one at $250 minus 10% cashback when they were briefly available earlier today.

Last edited:
I snagged one off Amazon.com for $255 and I'm thrilled to get it at that price, since most places are jacking the price up near $300 or more just because of demand.

Got the e-mail from newegg on my iPhone in the car, pulled over and ordered it in a parking lot, lol.

Almost a 10% price hike and 1 per customer limit. thanks newegg i think ill wait.

Since the bing cashback thing it seems most of the stores pumped up the hot items a little to cash in on the impulsive buyers wanting to save.

These Gen2 drives... I have Windows 7.. will TRIM automatically work or I have to install or flash the drive?

Thanks!

I'm gonna wait until the demand goes down a bit and save myself a few bucks even though I want the 80GB G2 so bad

lmao up to $280. they can stick that where the sun don't shine, i'll wait a month or so for the price/demand to drop.

it came up to 225$ after 10% bing cashback when i got it today..

Considering they used to cost 600$ little more than a year ago...

have you seen the read benches? 249.6MB/s average transfer rate

glad i got them before the recall. Seriously does anyone really use BIOS passwords?

Back