G15 Keyboard problem.

Gustavus

Limp Gawd
I got the keyboard back in January, and about 4 weeks ago, when I turned on my computer, it said that it didnt read a keyboard. I unplugged it and tried it in all of the usb ports along with the "keyboard" one, nothing helped.

I switched it out for about a week, plugged it in, and it was fine. Until yesterday, it cant read it anymore.

Suggestions? Is it just a faulty keyboard?

Thanks

yea no problems here only glich i have is when running scandisk on boot the keyobard doesnt work then so i have to sit there and let it run
for what ever resion it wont work with windows 1/2 loaded like that works fine in BIOS and windows other wise

Elios said:
yea no problems here only glich i have is when running scandisk on boot the keyobard doesnt work then so i have to sit there and let it run
for what ever resion it wont work with windows 1/2 loaded like that works fine in BIOS and windows other wise

Dig around in your BIOS, there should be an option for enabling support for USB keyboards. I had that same problem, keyboard worked in BIOS but it wouldn't work for example in memtest. I dug around the BIOS on my DFI Ultra-D and found a setting called Enable USB Keyboard....or something like that. Now the USB keyboard works in everything :D

I assume it has something to do with USB drivers not working out of windows unless the boards BIOS does some trickery.

Back