g0 not correctly identified in Everest? Pics!

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
What's up with this? It seems only cpu-Z can identify the correct microcode revision of my (supposedly) purchased g0 q6600. I got the q6600 at Club IT and it was guaranteed to be a g0. In fact, the packaging attests to the fact:

[img=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3835/slacrg0ej8.th.jpg]

Here's what lavalys EVEREST says, and even intel microchip identification utility identifies the chip as B3:

But here is the latest ed. of cpu-Z which I think correctly identifies the g0:

Do I have any reason to worry? I guess not, since I'm stable at 3.4 at 1.39volts prime 95 25.4 quad blend test overnight...but I'm still confused why 2 out of 3 microcode identification softwares incorrectly report the G0?

If you look at CPUID Revision when using Everest you will see that it gets that info right which is read directly from the CPU.

It shows CPUID Revision = 06FBh and CPUz also shows your chip is a 6 F B. The 'h' stands for hexadecimal.

Intel lists that as Core Stepping G0 or sSpec Number SLACR which is definitely the one everyone wants.

The B3 Q6600 has sSpec Number SL9UM and Intel lists the CPUID Revision = 06F7h

CPUz 1.41 was just recently updated and you can definitely trust what it is telling you. It even finally reports the core voltage correctly on my P5B Deluxe.

With an OC like that, you definitely don't have too much to worry about. :D

B3 is the microcode patch version. You'll see the same thing if you download the Intel Processor Identification Utility.

If you look at CPUID Revision when using Everest you will see that it gets that info right which is read directly from the CPU.

It shows CPUID Revision = 06FBh and CPUz also shows your chip is a 6 F B. The 'h' stands for hexadecimal.

Intel lists that as Core Stepping G0 or sSpec Number SLACR which is definitely the one everyone wants.

The B3 Q6600 has sSpec Number SL9UM and Intel lists the CPUID Revision = 06F7h

CPUz 1.41 was just recently updated and you can definitely trust what it is telling you. It even finally reports the core voltage correctly on my P5B Deluxe.

With an OC like that, you definitely don't have too much to worry about. :D

Thanks guys, that's confusing for the layman to understand (I would have never figured this out without you!).

thanks to both of you. :cool:

Back