G-Sync not showing up in NV Control panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
Never owned a VA model before. So would love to have some feedback. MSI Optix MAG271C.

No matter what I seem to do in Nvidia control panel I cannot get setup G-sync section under display to show up. I've tried installing reinstalling. Turning vsync on in the settings and freesync on in the display as people suggest online but I can't get it to work. MSI listed this monitor as G-sync compatible. Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:
How are you connecting the monitor to your Nvidia card? Via HDMI or Display port?

What version of Windows? What version of GeForce driver? Where are you getting the NVIDIA driver? Are you using the DCH or Standard version? Creator or Game Ready? When you reinstalled the driver, did you try using DDU?

The MAG271C is not validated as G-SYNC Compatible by NVIDIA, so when you do get the G-SYNC option to show up you'll need to enable the secondary checkbox.
upload_2019-12-2_11-47-32.png

The uniformity issues will even out as you put more hours on the panel. The extra brightness along the edges is due to the frame and is usually worse on curved monitors. You can try to lessen the effect by gently using a thin tool along the inside of the frame to loosen it a bit.

I would start by dialing in contrast and brightness using this website:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

What version of Windows? What version of GeForce driver? Where are you getting the NVIDIA driver? Are you using the DCH or Standard version? Creator or Game Ready? When you reinstalled the driver, did you try using DDU?

The MAG271C is not validated as G-SYNC Compatible by NVIDIA, so when you do get the G-SYNC option to show up you'll need to enable the secondary checkbox.

The uniformity issues will even out as you put more hours on the panel. The extra brightness along the edges is due to the frame and is usually worse on curved monitors. You can try to lessen the effect by gently using a thin tool along the inside of the frame to loosen it a bit.

I would start by dialing in contrast and brightness using this website:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I found out why actually, despite having a graphics card that supports G-sync and having a G-sync monitor. It turns out G-sync on a freesync monitor is only supported with GTX 10XX and higher models. So my GTX 760 doesn't make the cut. The "Setup G-Sync" option under display doesn't even show up for me. I tried 3 drivers and this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back