G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $75 + FS

I was going to submit this a few minutes ago but you beat me to it. Definitely hot for new Sandy Bridge builds.

I bought this for $100 two weeks ago, I'll probably buy another set of this.

Last edited:
How long does the deal last for? I'd really like to get this with the MSI GD65 mobo but it's sold out atm

Bit on a kit. Almost got the HD 6950 combo, but I'm still not sure what video card I want for my new build.

I have 8 GB of the 2x2 ripjaws, Would it be worth it to upgrade to 16 GB of the 2x4? I'm really tempted here.

nice, we're getting same mobo and memory

Awesome! :D
I hope the mobo order went through! On the amazon my account/order status it says Shipping soon and cant be altered or cancelled. Literally went out of stock minutes after I ordered.

Getting a 2500k from the egg to finish the combo, gonna be a great upgrade from the 955BE.

Getting a 2500k from the egg to finish the combo, gonna be a great upgrade from the 955BE.

make sure to select the Total War: Shogun 2 if you're buying the 2500k from newegg, since it's free with it.

New mobo, ram, and cpu this morning for me. I wasn't planning on upgrading today, but when I saw the this ram deal, and the asus pro in stock at same time, I figured better now than later.

No Micro Center near you? Here in Ohio, I can walk out with an i5-2500k for $192.14! May have to go in today.

3-4 hr drive, so not worth it for me. So I felt a little better not paying tax and getting a strat game I wanted.

No Micro Center near you? Here in Ohio, I can walk out with an i5-2500k for $192.14! May have to go in today.

I wish, but sadly no MC near me. I think the nearest ones are in Chicago and Minnesota 5hr drive either way lol. It's ok though I got shogun 2 for free even though I most likely won't play it much. Free is free :p

I'm not opposed to getting a second kit of this memory, but is 16GB at all useful? I plan to get an i5-2500k. I game quite a bit, but I do other stuff, like web design and audio production.

I got two sets first thing this morning when the deal went live, perfect timing for my new SB build

In for 2.... So that's 16GB, i2500k, MSI P67A-G45 (B3), and a Thermaltake Frio all due in by Wed. Should be a fun week :D

In for 2 more sets b/c the deal was too good to pass up. Sad thing is I bought 24GB the last time RipJaws DDR3 1600 was on sale for this price. I guess I will have to put this in my unRAID server as I am waiting for X68 on SB or socket 2011 before I build a new gaming rig.

hmm...should i bite..my new build is about 6 months off, but this is a damn fine price.

My build to actually use this memory is not for another 6 months. I figure that DDR-4 is nowhere on the horizon so any system I build within the next 6months to a year will be able to use it.

I bought 3 of them with no problems in an x58. only problem is that you would lose triple channel if you put 4 modules in.

Eh I grabbed another one. Not sure how useful 16GB is going to be, but for $50 after the $25 coupon, works for me.

Eh I grabbed another one. Not sure how useful 16GB is going to be, but for $50 after the $25 coupon, works for me.

If nothing else you could create a RAMDisk if you have any use for one. Otherwise, multimedia editing, etc.

Back