G.Skill RIpjaws of Kingston HyperX?

-=WooDWorKeR420=-

Limp Gawd
I am looking to get some advice to help point me in the right direction regarding memory selection

I am building a new i7 system, and am on the fence between these 2 memory manufacturers.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 6GB (3x2GB)
or
Kingston HyperX 6GB (3x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3

Does anyone have any experiances or reccomendations regarding these 2 brands or specific models?

It will be used with the following board & CPU

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-930

Any input is appreciated.

TIA
WooD

I'm running the 930 and ud3r right now with 480's in tri-sli and my i7 at 4.2. All on air. Lots of fans in my haf 932. Both have done me just fine so far.

The Kingston is cas9 and the ripjaws are cas8. Go ripjaws.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...04 600006076&IsNodeId=1&name=Mushkin Enhanced

Here is the lineup for Mushkin at Newegg Canada. Depending on price I would get the redline they have. It's the same as the ridgeback, just ridgeback has a bigger heat spreader that is basically useless. I have the Ridgeback myself because it was released a few months ago and on sale so was cheaper than the redline at that time. Great ram.

If not the Redline there are a couple blacklines at 1600mhz that are cheaper.

I love Mushkin because they hand test all their ram, never had a bad stick.

I'll second the mushkin suggestion, I've been using their ram for a long time and they've all been solid overclockers. Mushkin support is awesome too, had some problems overclocking my ridgebacks (problem with my motherboard) and they responded within ~15 minutes.

G.Skill definitely

G.Skill replaced my memory in less than a week when it went bad. They were smart enough to use First Class mail (since it ships in 2-3 days & ships on Saturday's).

The Kingston would have been fine, I haven't had any issues with their memory products, but it all goes down to price & performance.

I looked at both of these memory sticks and ended up going with the Corsair XMS ram. I've always used G. Skill in the past for customers builds but the newer DDR3 performance ram by G. Skill seems to be having alot of issues. ( From reading the reviews anyways. ) I've yet to test out the ram as it is in transit from newegg as we speak.

+1 G.Skill

G.Skill allows you to RMA a single stick instead of the entire kit in case you ever have to travel down the warranty road.

I'd go kingston, they are pretty reliable. Gskill is nice but lately I have had trouble with their products.

my kingston hyperX runs solid overclocked @ 2000mhz. they are ugly though, imo 0.o

Why? To me, its blue heatsink is so cool.
For reliability, you may want to take a look at this investigation from hardware.fr:
http://www.hardware.fr/articles/773-1/taux-pannes-composants.html
Kingston's defective rate is much lower than any other brands.

Wonder if that counts Kingston's OEM line?
I'm sure if you counted Micron's OEM lines in Crucials numbers, its return rate would be sub-1% as well ;)
Sell to enthusiasts, expect RMAs.

Crucial's 8500 kits were almost guaranteed to contain Micron D9-type ICs which OC'd extremely well, thus people burned out these kits at a really rapid rate. Personally went through 4 kits of them. The last one I had I absolutely babied and it ended up dying after a year at 1.8 - 2.0v :(

+1 for G.Skill. That being said, I've had good luck with both G.Skill and Kingston RMA departments.

Back