G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX is $99 @NewEgg

but the RGB model is so much cooler, I mean for only $50 more you get lots of colors!

I love G.Skill as a company, briefed over the keyboard it looks really amazing for their first product in keyboards, aside from a few points:

looks like they went with abnormally high raised keys, I wonder how weird that will feel to me coming from a CM Storm Trigger.

One reviewer compared the key press to his filco majestouch and claimed they weren't smooth. I'll have to see for myself if I get one.

Those are the biggest possible negative points that stand out to me, can anyone comment?

For the price and build materials I doubt $100 can be beat.

Also, are the keycaps the type to rub off and eventually leave a "faceless" key? My old razer lycosa rubberized caps wore off eventually for TAB WASD etc and they were seethrough and unreadable.

Supposedly $86 at Amazon

WOW you put your mouse over hover hound and figured that was the price for the KB at Amazon. Its not, its for Ram. The KB is 150 at Amazon. God! One more kick and you don't look like a chode....:rolleyes:

Good Deal OP!

but the RGB model is so much cooler, I mean for only $50 more you get lots of colors!

Yep it looks fantastic.
Even though I have a Corsair K50 RGB, I really want the GSkill mechanical RGB.
(I'm not getting another Corsair, the braid on this keyboard has detached and the stick on logo has fallen apart, looks crap. QC at Corsair is not so good and their European support requires customers to pay for overseas shipping, nail in the coffin)

I hope some enterprising souls will create more animations for it.

WOW you put your mouse over hover hound and figured that was the price for the KB at Amazon. Its not, its for Ram. The KB is 150 at Amazon. God! One more kick and you don't look like a chode....:rolleyes:

Good Deal OP!

... He said "supposedly". This is an extravagant overreaction to a minor mistake. I mean it was seriously uncalled for. Chill out.

Back