G.Skill GH overclocking

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
:( this pc3200 2x515 doesn't like high voltage and 210 2.2.2.11 is all i can mustard.

(cf)Eclipse what do u say?

try relaxing the timings a bit...my memory cant go much above 215-220 with 2-2-2, but can go 270+ with 3-3-3

I dont have G.Skill though.

newegg reviews...take with a grain of salt.

But if thats what everyone finds with these sticks, then yea, i would be pissed too.

the day i ordered (cf)Eclipse said he was posting a review and sqid this is good ram.... maybe i got a really bad OCer?

ALL4AMD said:
the day i ordered (cf)Eclipse said he was posting a review and sqid this is good ram.... maybe i got a really bad OCer?
I think you should still loosen the timings to like 3-3-3-8 and see how far you get, just to help further diagnose the problem...

Try 3-3-3-8-1T @ 2.7volts, then work your way up to 2.9v. The timings will not hurt your performance as long as you can keep the Mhz @ or above 200 :).

Remember though, not ALL ram likes voltage (as I recently found out). There's no harm in trying low AND high voltage (wouldn't go over 2.9 without dedicated cooling on the ram). If you look for my thread on my patriot RAM, you'll see I had to try a LOT of different combinations, mainly guessing and checking. With RAM, there's a BUNCH of variables you can tweak. Put a little time into it, and you should be golden :).

You could also try 2.5-3-3-7-1T, that's the sweet spot for my Patriot RAM

And yes, when it comes to this subject, (cf)eclipse taught me all I know :D

HighwayAssassins said:
I think you should still loosen the timings to like 3-3-3-8 and see how far you get, just to help further diagnose the problem...
might not even boot. the stuff uses utt-bh IC's. i've yet to see a set of these g.skill that can't easily break 250mhz at 2-2-2 with higher voltages (~3.3-3.5v) until now, but everything i've seen is always on an a64 board, not aXP

all4amd, you got another rig to try em in? and you have active cooling on the ram? you're sure your board actually can go over 210mhz?
i'll get tsue in here to help you out too, he has personal experience with the stuff ;)

this board had my BH-5 @ 2.2.2.11 240Mhz 3.2V and i don't have another rig as im in college and the motor im building 4 my car is eating my pockets away but right now im running 2.5-3-3-11 200Mhz with no problem @ 2.9V

i think its time that i do a reinstall of windows then retest 4 stability since this install was back in june..... ill do this on sunday night once i go home and get my DFI cd that has the drivers i need

Back