G.SKILL Flare X and FORTIS for Ryzen

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
AMD-Tuned DDR4-3200MHz CL14 64GB(4x16GB)

Not needing to sacrifice frequency for capacity, G.SKILL’s R&D team achieved an impressive overclock on a 64GB (4x16GB) kit to frequencies of DDR4-3200MHz at ultra-low timings of CL14-14-14-34

AMD-Tuned DDR4-3466MHz CL16 16GB(2x8GB)

Further pushing the boundaries of 16GB (2x8GB) memory kits on the AM4 platform, G.SKILL tuned it to a blistering fast DDR4-3466MHz CL 16-16-16-36. Tested on the 8-core AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700 processor and ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, this is the fastest G.SKILL memory kit that’s been designed for AMD thus far.

https://www.gskill.com/en/press/vie...s-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen

AMD-Tuned DDR4-3200MHz CL14 64GB(4x16GB)

Not needing to sacrifice frequency for capacity, G.SKILL’s R&D team achieved an impressive overclock on a 64GB (4x16GB) kit to frequencies of DDR4-3200MHz at ultra-low timings of CL14-14-14-34

AMD-Tuned DDR4-3466MHz CL16 16GB(2x8GB)

Further pushing the boundaries of 16GB (2x8GB) memory kits on the AM4 platform, G.SKILL tuned it to a blistering fast DDR4-3466MHz CL 16-16-16-36. Tested on the 8-core AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700 processor and ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, this is the fastest G.SKILL memory kit that’s been designed for AMD thus far.

https://www.gskill.com/en/press/vie...s-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen

Sign me up for that 64GB set @ 3200 14/14/14/34 please

Of course immediately after I buy the G.Skill TridentZ RGB :(

IMG_20170305_144516.jpg

Yours actually works? I had the 4x8 kit and only two sticks lit up at first, now none of them do.

So far so good. Bought them this week for my Ryzen build. Configuration works pretty well too, had them on a Knight Rider mode for most of yesterday.

Wow haven't seen memory bling like that since my Crucial Ballistix Tracers.

I'm in the same(ish) boat having specifically purchased a 4x8GB 3200mhz CL14 1.35V Trident-Z kit. I wonder though if there this is more than just a heatsink change. If so maybe I should return the ram I purchased.

I don't know enough about ram to speculate whether DDR4 can be tailored to a specific platform when the specs appear to be the same. Anyone have any suggestions?

I bought TridentZ as well... however; I made sure to get the Samsung IC models, and I'm pretty sure that's what these use as well, based on timings. So with any luck I'll not have many problems and can simply copy the subtimings these utilize in their AMP Profiles. Also, the TridentZ look a ton better! lol

If anyone does get the Flare X, particularly the 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15 kit, could you please supply screenshots of the Timings from AIDA64 or HWiNFO64? Thanks in advance! :D
As an example here's the crap in my HP Bristol-Ridge laptop...

For AIDA64 the timing tables are under Motherboard > SPD >
ENVY Memory SPD.png

For HWiNFO64 you just simply click on "Memory". However, it only displays the timings you're RUNNING at and not the SPD Profiles, which isn't as nice as AIDA's, but I digress:
ENVY Memory SPD-HWiNFO.png

[NOTE TO READERS: To reiterate, these are not FlareX timings, or G.Skill for that matter, it's just an example of what I'm looking for :p]

I purchased the Gskill RGB as well the 3200 with the 14 timings, hopefully ill be able to test it all out by the weekend. Just purchased the Asrock killer x370 board

Is the 3200 set actually available anywhere yet? I can't find it, but all the slower speeds are up on Newegg.

Or is there an equivalent set confirmed to work in the Asus Crosshair board?

when i ordered my 3200 14 timing gskill rgb kit it was on the 22nd and it was backordered until the 2-3rd of march and they went back out of stock by saturday. This was all newegg, amazon wanted insane prices for them and it was pretty tough to find.

Gonna try the newer beta bios tonight - it's having problems running at anything but 1066mhz

memory.png
spd.png

I purchased the Gskill Trident Kit before I found out about the more compatible ram. I could probably still return or exchange my 3000mhz stuff. Any suggestions? I'm not an extreme overclocker
F4-3000C15D-16GTZB 1

The MSI X370 Titanium is compatible (I checked their QVL list). For other boards check the model number on your mobo maker's QVL list.

G.Skill has their own QVL on this memory and it shows the following boards are compatible:
ASRock X370 Taichi
Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7

So I guess the MSI X370 Titanium is also compatible. Any others?

Wow haven't seen memory bling like that since my Crucial Ballistix Tracers.

lol i had the tracer DDR1 stick.. the LED crap now has taken it to a whole new level over the tracers.. to bad ballistix tracer ram heat spreaders sucked and caused it to have a high failure rate.

lol i had the tracer DDR1 stick.. the LED crap now has taken it to a whole new level over the tracers.. to bad ballistix tracer ram heat spreaders sucked and caused it to have a high failure rate.

Yep I had the DDR400, one stick died in a month, returned it, next one died 4 months later, the replaced one lasted another 3 months.
After that I just shit canned em'. Extremly high failure rates, I'm scared of the bling now.
I still have some green cold cathodes from my last Borg build back in 04' . :D

Yep I had the DDR400, one stick died in a month, returned it, next one died 4 months later, the replaced one lasted another 3 months.
After that I just shit canned em'. Extremly high failure rates, I'm scared of the bling now.
I still have some green cold cathodes from my last Borg build back in 04' . :D

wow and i thought i was the only one that had that bad of luck with the tracer ram, when i eventually started looking it up most said they got about a year out of them, i think the longest one of the sticks lasted was 3 months, i just kept making crucial replace them since they refused to just give me a newer model that had the problem fixed. i think i replaced 6 different sets before finally upgrading to am2 with an athlon x2 6400+.

wow and i thought i was the only one that had that bad of luck with the tracer ram, when i eventually started looking it up most said they got about a year out of them, i think the longest one of the sticks lasted was 3 months, i just kept making crucial replace them since they refused to just give me a newer model that had the problem fixed. i think i replaced 6 different sets before finally upgrading to am2 with an athlon x2 6400+.

Damnit man, I can imagine the shipping cost on that rodeo, you have more patience than me.
I knew several people on the forums who were going thru the same shit, we all thought it was the mobos first,smh.
Got me a set of OCZ plats and never looked back.

Guys, anyone try yet knows if it's exactly the same to get two of the 2x8gb kit (3200, CL 14) or a single 4x8gb kit would make any difference?

Anyone tried 32gb with the flarex? Of so please post which ram set and timings please

I read one of the reviewers on Newegg got two of the 2x8gb and they didnot work for 32gb. Gskill replied to get the 4x8gb kit.. I thought they were exactly the same...

I read one of the reviewers on Newegg got two of the 2x8gb and they didnot work for 32gb. Gskill replied to get the 4x8gb kit.. I thought they were exactly the same...
The difference is that manufacturers test the 4x kits to work together and thus support them to function with all slots populated. Every manufacturer reponse I've seen tells you you're SOL if you buy two 2x kits and they don't work together.

Back