G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 $139 Shipped

Great RAM, running it at 1GHz on my Badaxe 2. If I wasn't about to buy a new car, I'd jump to 4GB.

It's now $139.99. If the stock and pricing holds out until friday, I'm in for a set. :D

What is the highest safe voltage on this ram & what voltages are you guys running to get 1ghz?

I paid 210 for this back in November and that was an excellent deal at the time.

Mine runs great at stock 800 in my P5B-E with e6600 C2D :)

jeeeeeez ram has dropped like crazy in a month...I should have waited another week, I was going to get this but bit on the frys deal for like 125 patriot memory,

The prices are coming down, because DDR3 is about to release. As you see Cebit was full of DDR3.

jeeeeeez ram has dropped like crazy in a month...I should have waited another week, I was going to get this but bit on the frys deal for like 125 patriot memory,

I blame AMD for clinging to DDR and keeping DDR2 prices high and supply low. Once AM2 finally took off and DDR production cut back, DDR2 really took off, supply has skyrocketed, and prices have finally come down.

The prices are coming down, because DDR3 is about to realse. As you see Cebit was full of DDR3.

I've also heard it's because of an oversupply of flash memory caused them to make more desktop memory instead.

The other reason was they expected higher memory sales due to Vista.

truth is plain and simple no one was buying it for there is almost as much to be gotten out of good ddr1. the bandwidth just is not there yet. so they are losing $ and having to move inventory to cover costs. remember it don't cost a dime more to make faster chips they are just binned and sorted for speed and priced accordingly. manufacturers are feeling the pinch at the moment for most of us know that DDR2 has just now gotten to the point where it may be viable for a ddr1 power user to upgrade into. till now my 4000 ddr1 got 7200 bandwidth. just now have sticks come out that can surpass that enough to make it justifiable to power users to buy. they need $, prices will correct themselves once they recover losses from stagnant sales. ddr2 is just now gettting to be mature enough to card about. AMD did not adopt it till it was ready to be viable just like dual channel and such. Intel rushes products to the market cause they can market them and sell based on performance that is not there yet. AMD tries to wait till it has a benifit and then tries to sell it to us.

prices will correct themselves soo. got it why you can now.

Wow, it was $155 when I bought it the 18th. 4GB is looking like an affordable option if prices continue to drop.

I think I received a bad batch.

Wont even do stock at any V.

Pieces of junk. I'm debating on RMA or refund.

I think I received a bad batch.

Wont even do stock at any V.

Pieces of junk. I'm debating on RMA or refund.

One of my sticks was bad. RMA'd them... I think you get charged for refunds at Newegg, even if the item was DOA. :(

Newegg said:
All RMA refunds are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Think this kit is best suited for Intel.

Stock I could do, well, stock. Weird because the moment I would OC the cpu even if the ram stayed at DDR2 800 @ 2T. I'd get errors. Best I could do was this :(

Weird thing is that the V on the ram was 1.8 on both accounts.

Now dropping it to ddr2667 and OCing a bit I was able to get this:

Sloghtly better than ddr2 667 and 1T.

Memory didn't respond too well to V either. If you have Intel I'm sure it will do well. On AM2 I think I would look elsewhere. Could also be the chipset or board. I do have to say that I have tried other memory and this is by far the worst of the lot.

My PNY did this

Was about $30 cheaper as well.

One of my sticks was bad. RMA'd them... I think you get charged for refunds at Newegg, even if the item was DOA. :(

Only if you do the RMA online. Call them to set it up and they will waive the restocking fee. Be nice and they will pay for return shipping too Did it for me today on a bad nic.

Don't have the <3. It can do stock but that's pretty much it. If you drop to 667 it can do 1t 4 4 4 so bummed out haven't tried tighter timings.

rule #1, CALL for RMAs.

I have never had to pay restocking for RMA refunds or straight RMAs if you call them and explain the situation (as long as you are not just returning a product to return it (it has to be broken or something)).

how well would this stuff run at 4x1gb? thinking about getting it for my new build im working on

By the way this stuff dropped to $129 on newegg. Also the corsair kit is $126AR on zipzoomfly.

As for the 4gb, I think that is a waste man. What could possibly use 4gb these days. Nothing. I have 1gb of memory, and all the newest games still run and load fine. I think 2gb is plenty. 4gb, youre just holding onto memory that is going to drop in price.

By the way this stuff dropped to $129 on newegg. Also the corsair kit is $126AR on zipzoomfly.

As for the 4gb, I think that is a waste man. What could possibly use 4gb these days. Nothing. I have 1gb of memory, and all the newest games still run and load fine. I think 2gb is plenty. 4gb, youre just holding onto memory that is going to drop in price.

yeah i suppose that is true... i just wanna semi-future proof my self... and its really cheap too... i dont want to get 2gb then all of a sudden 2gb isnt enough and i cant find this ram anywhere to upgrade....

the cost isnt really an issue... i was just wondering about performance if the ram overall will take a hit from being 4x1 vs 2x1

I run into memory limitations all the time with 2GB. But then again I do some serious matlab, GIS, and 3d modelling.

Back