FYI: LogMeIn soon to limit free accounts to 10 computers

hawk82

[H]ard|Gawd
http://b.logme.in/2013/03/04/important-changes-to-logmein-free/

I was wondering when the free lunch would end. Thankfully I am already a Central subscriber since the time they removed creating Groups in the Free version and removing the invite users feature.

LMI Central is a nice product. Definitely maturing quickly. Almost has the same features of GFIMax. It appears that LMI is headed that route. (I also subscribe to GFIMax, but use LMI simply because it is way easier to use, looks nice, and works better than Teamviewer, in my opinion).

10 computers? Fine with me, I only use it for personal use and a couple of family members for tech support.

At one point they only allowed 5 (or was it 10 or 15?) computers and then upped it to several hundred and are again going back down.

Well it looks like I will either need to create three accounts or fork over $200/year.

I used central back when it first came out but felt that I didn't need its benefits (ie groups, deploy via email, etc.) I wish they had a mid package for up to 50 computers or so for about $50/year.

yeah, no skin off my nose. I only use it for personal stuff and to help out a few family members. Love it

You can upgrade to LMI Central to remove the restrictions. Honestly I could not imagine having hundreds of computers on LMI without central, that would be a mess

10 seems reasonable, i usually just need it for locations to log into that don't have ipsec at the place setup.

10 is reasonable, unfortunately they do not give us the ability to change the subscriptions to a different account with the free version. So I must contact each family member (including the computer illiterate ones) in excess of my 10 free computers and tell them I need to remote control their PC to update the LMI subscription.

Would have been nice if they just grandfathered in existing computers like they did when they removed the secondary user feature. It would have achieved the same goal. Oh well.

10 is reasonable, unfortunately they do not give us the ability to change the subscriptions to a different account with the free version. .

You can do it from the actual machine, open LMI and go to about tab, there is a change subscription there, you can use that to change accounts

You can do it from the actual machine, open LMI and go to about tab, there is a change subscription there, you can use that to change accounts

Right, but for some family members visiting them in person is much worse than a phone call. Not saying I hate all my family, but there are specific ones that are exceedingly needy and ask you to do 10 other things while your there. And you cant say no, because their family...

Right, but for some family members visiting them in person is much worse than a phone call. Not saying I hate all my family, but there are specific ones that are exceedingly needy and ask you to do 10 other things while your there. And you cant say no, because their family...

Guess we are different, I tell my family I don't work on desktops anymore lol, which is 80% true, I stretch the other 20% along :)

Back