FYI: LogMeIn soon to limit free accounts to 10 computers

hawk82

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2001
Messages
1,472
http://b.logme.in/2013/03/04/important-changes-to-logmein-free/

I was wondering when the free lunch would end. Thankfully I am already a Central subscriber since the time they removed creating Groups in the Free version and removing the invite users feature.

LMI Central is a nice product. Definitely maturing quickly. Almost has the same features of GFIMax. It appears that LMI is headed that route. (I also subscribe to GFIMax, but use LMI simply because it is way easier to use, looks nice, and works better than Teamviewer, in my opinion).
 

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
6,683
10 computers? Fine with me, I only use it for personal use and a couple of family members for tech support.
 
S

shade91

Guest
At one point they only allowed 5 (or was it 10 or 15?) computers and then upped it to several hundred and are again going back down.
 

klank

Killer of Killer NIC Threadz
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
2,177
Well it looks like I will either need to create three accounts or fork over $200/year.

I used central back when it first came out but felt that I didn't need its benefits (ie groups, deploy via email, etc.) I wish they had a mid package for up to 50 computers or so for about $50/year.
 

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
9,157
yeah, no skin off my nose. I only use it for personal stuff and to help out a few family members. Love it
 

k1pp3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
8,170
You can upgrade to LMI Central to remove the restrictions. Honestly I could not imagine having hundreds of computers on LMI without central, that would be a mess
 

oplin

Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
831
10 seems reasonable, i usually just need it for locations to log into that don't have ipsec at the place setup.
 

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
405
10 is reasonable, unfortunately they do not give us the ability to change the subscriptions to a different account with the free version. So I must contact each family member (including the computer illiterate ones) in excess of my 10 free computers and tell them I need to remote control their PC to update the LMI subscription.

Would have been nice if they just grandfathered in existing computers like they did when they removed the secondary user feature. It would have achieved the same goal. Oh well.
 

k1pp3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
8,170
10 is reasonable, unfortunately they do not give us the ability to change the subscriptions to a different account with the free version. .

You can do it from the actual machine, open LMI and go to about tab, there is a change subscription there, you can use that to change accounts
 

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
405
You can do it from the actual machine, open LMI and go to about tab, there is a change subscription there, you can use that to change accounts

Right, but for some family members visiting them in person is much worse than a phone call. Not saying I hate all my family, but there are specific ones that are exceedingly needy and ask you to do 10 other things while your there. And you cant say no, because their family...
 

k1pp3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
8,170
Right, but for some family members visiting them in person is much worse than a phone call. Not saying I hate all my family, but there are specific ones that are exceedingly needy and ask you to do 10 other things while your there. And you cant say no, because their family...

Guess we are different, I tell my family I don't work on desktops anymore lol, which is 80% true, I stretch the other 20% along :)
 
Top