FYE Wii Bait & Switch

Good for him.

He got one more guy (me) to pass around and promote his YouTube video. GJ

If he's trying so hard to start a boycott, perhaps he should actually say the fukin' name of the company.

I have no idea what FYE is.

PoweredBySoy said:
If he's trying so hard to start a boycott, perhaps he should actually say the fukin' name of the company.

FYE IS the name of the store. WTF are you talking about...wow:eek:
are you serious??

http://www.fye.com/

why make a video, when you can just write the same thing in text. I thought he video taped his discussion with the manager, a bit excessive.

and that is crappy business. Hope they BBB gets them.

PoweredBySoy said:

We have a winnar folks! LOL

I have never even been inside of a FYE store and don't ever plan on breaking that trend with awesome business practices like that.

I can't believe this little prick wasted time in windows movie maker to create all that wasted bandwidth. Ordinarily I'd feel sorry for the guy but for wasting my time reading that stupid shit LINE BY FUCKING LINE I changed my mind. I hope FYE sues him for slander and the little fucker rots his nuts off. :mad:

Blue Falcon said:
I hope FYE sues him for slander and the little fucker rots his nuts off. :mad:
To get him for slander they'd have to prove they weren't doing it... that would be a little difficult as you'd be able to get everybody who purchased a Wii there to say they were.

UnlimitedMP said:
Terrible business ethics.

Is FYE an East Coast chain?

They have them here in Colorado. They are mostly a movie store, FYE stands for "For Your Entertainment," and their business practices have always seemed retarded to me. They sell DVD movies for about $25-$30 when I could just go to Walmart and get them for half that. I see two things about this guys case: first, it is gay that they didn't tell him that he would be buying a bundle pack and second that it is likely that he would have bought all the extra crap anyway, so what's the big deal? I understand that it is an abomination of customer service, but still, I don't see the harm in the end.

krameriffic said:
I understand that it is an abomination of customer service, but still, I don't see the harm in the end.
Did you see the games they offered him? lol

Im not sure why people knock the way, the maker of the video, spreads his message. The media type used to inform others of horrible business ethics, hardly invalidates the message. Its the principle of the matter that is up for discussion, not a hard concept to grasp.

Perhaps before calling this guy a tool, prick, or using any other incredibly immature insult, one should check to see if they perfectly fit the definition of the name, they feel they need to use, to insult the maker of the video. :rolleyes:

I ran an FYE for a year. Easily the worst place I have ever worked.

Back when I used to work on a Cruise Ship the ONLY place I could buy music and movies at was FYE. Place is horrible, crappy selection and overpriced stock. Anyone who's ever had to shop at FYE won't be surprised at anything in that video.

pigwalk said:
Back when I used to work on a Cruise Ship the ONLY place I could buy music and movies at was FYE. Place is horrible, crappy selection and overpriced stock. Anyone who's ever had to shop at FYE won't be surprised at anything in that video.
I hate them too. Everything's so hard to find around here, so sometimes FYE is the only place to go to find rare CDs and movies, but it's so expensive.
:mad:

Wow, I was waiting for a VIDEO to start any second. After a good minute of nothingness, i.e. text on white background that i could have read about 10x faster than it was displayed, I turned it off. Even if I cared for the person's dilemma, his "video" will hardly convince me of his cause. After all, he just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading ~8 lines of text.

i cant get the crappy video to finish playing, keeps stopping at 28 seconds

but looks like long story short is he didnt have $400 when his chance came because he was never told it was a bundle only deal...

if it's the bundle they have been offering other places for $400.....it's pretty much crap, because i know i would likely hate half the games and would not be able to return them because they are opened

just say no to bundles and no to FYE, they suck anyways, would have never gone there to begin with

i actually watched that stupid "video" expecting something to happen...

how gay

i'm gonna spend thousands ate FYE now, just to spite him.... dude needs to learn how to make a fucking video

FYE near me is awesome. They take whatever the fuck back. Bring back your crappy games movies etc and get full retail price. I don't feel too bad because I was younger, but they'd take your TAPES and give you $10 trade in. CDs were already out in full force making this just too good to be true. Return CDs as well, sorry sir this one is from BMG, there is no bar code. Oh sorry, just keep scanning the rest!! Imagine getting full value for your old games. I blew everything I'd have left over in their arcade anyways. Mortal Kombat 2, Daytona, Virtua fighter, Killer Instinct.... So forgive me lord for I have sinned. Anyways, boycotts for the most part are lame.

nobody_here said:
why dont you enlighten all of us fools then, what's the point as you see it ?

Here's the point: Many of you fools wouldn't have even bothered to read it had it been a simple text blog post. The point is that many of you are so damn lazy that unless it's a video, you don't have the patience move your eyes down the screen. YouTube is currently one of the best media outlets for delivering a message, and he took advantage of it, and you are whining about there being no car chases, explosions, or sex scenes.

The point you are missing is that a business is screwing people over, someone made a movie to let you know so you don't get screwed, and you're criticizing his presentation. Get a fucking clue. :rolleyes:

Aelfgeft said:
Here's the point: Many of you fools wouldn't have even bothered to read it had it been a simple text blog post. The point is that many of you are so damn lazy that unless it's a video, you don't have the patience move your eyes down the screen. YouTube is currently one of the best media outlets for delivering a message, and he took advantage of it, and you are whining about there being no car chases, explosions, or sex scenes.

The point you are missing is that a business is screwing people over, someone made a movie to let you know so you don't get screwed, and you're criticizing his presentation. Get a fucking clue. :rolleyes:

oh, ok, then i am not a fool, i read it, if you notice my earlier post, the video never successfully loaded and played for me, and i got the point without seeing the video and never criticized his "presentation", cheers
:D

nobody_here said:
oh, ok, then i am not a fool, i read it, if you notice my earlier post, the video never successfully loaded and played for me, and i got the point without seeing the video and never criticized his "presentation", cheers
:D

Was not personal, simply in reaction en masse as you said "fools". If you did read it, kudos. You're ahead of the curve. ;)

Aelfgeft said:
Was not personal, simply in reaction en masse as you said "fools". If you did read it, kudos. You're ahead of the curve. ;)

yeah i know, no offense taken ;)

nobody_here said:
why dont you enlighten all of us fools then, what's the point as you see it ?

It was already posted on the first page, which is rather ironic and fairly humours. The form of media used to get the message across doesn't invalidated the point. Hell you didn't bother to read the first page of this thread, so that just proves the point that a written message would have, most likely, been ignored.

THE POINT IS the poor business ethics, of using bait and switch, by FYE.

I had a similar situation happen to me years ago with Diablo II. Software Etc. refused to sell me the game without the strategy guide because I didn't preorder the game. It was release date and they had a bunch of copies left over, but they still refused to sell it to me without it.

It wasn't a big deal because I was young and had nothing better to buy with my allowance money. If that happened to me today; however, there would be hell to pay. I have bills and better things to spend my money on than an overpriced guide to a game, or even $150 extra to buy a system. I would definitely be calling the state AG, BBB and anybody else I thought needed to know.

I know many retailers do offer these expensive bundles, especially online, but if you preorder the stand-alone system, and then told you had to get the bundle, now that does seem quite illegal.

how would most of you guys (the ones flaming) feel if you had a wii preordered at a store and fully purchased and the day it comes out you go in there to pick up your paid system and they say you have to spend an additional $125 + tax on shit you dont want to get your system?

He really offers no real proof. If he had a video of the conversation then ya, that's proof. He could have been dealing with a CSA that was told to sell the bundle. True a manager could have said what he said they said but right now its their word versus his to me. If he had been a bit more informed then he would have known that Zelda and ExciteTruck are launch titles then he could have shut them down quickly. I'm really not buying the story. Seems to me its more of a OMG look at me than anything.

Draax said:
It was already posted on the first page, which is rather ironic and fairly humours. The form of media used to get the message across doesn't invalidated the point. Hell you didn't bother to read the first page of this thread, so that just proves the point that a written message would have, most likely, been ignored.

THE POINT IS the poor business ethics, of using bait and switch, by FYE.

no really?

go back and read my posts ditso
;)

Back