FX55 owners looking for your info

Hi guys and Gals,

This may have been done before but incase it hasnt. I have been pondering as to what makes a good FX55 for overclocking or not. I know that in past processors the stepping has meant a big difference. The CO processors normally dont OC worth a damn and the CG versions normally do. It seems to me that I see lots of people with FX55's that seem to oc quite well and quite high with ease with proper cooling. I of course know that alot will depend on the other compenets being strong such as mem, Mobo, PSU with good cooling and the such but what about the chip itself. I would love to see if I could get some of my fellow FX55'ers or anyone that may know to post the chip ID that may be the tell tale of what to look for and what not. Like I Know that mine is a......

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0448XRBW
1159512L40025

AMD Athlon 64 FX 2600 MHz
939 Pin Lidded CµPGA 1.50 Volt max. Temp. 63°C
1 MB L2 Cache
CPUID Model 7 (max. 1 CPU) Rev. CG - 0,13µm
made 48th week of 04

Please post what you have please. Would like to see what makes some if any more special then others.let alone it would be a nice database for the FX55 group to have that is separate from the A64 ID.

The Cpt.

Also if anyone has info on what the CAA2C 0448XRBW line abreviations/code means (besides the production date ie 0448) i think it would be cool to.

Thanks

The Cpt

I Havent oced mine yet.. But Just curious what does your processor idle at temp wise? ;)

Jasonx82 said:
I Havent oced mine yet.. But Just curious what does your processor idle at temp wise? ;)

It Idles @ 28 to 29 degrees Celsius. Soon it will be less then that as I will have my custom built Phasechange unit cooling the CPU.

But if you wouldnt mind either posting a screenshot of your cpu or the codes off of it for data compilation and once you oc then we can get that data to.

What I want to do is to determine what kind of a ratio of FX55's will overclock well vs that wont and what numbers or letters in the code on the cpu co-inside with thatt. be it via production date or what it be.

The Cpt

Ok Kool Ill try to put up a screenie when i get home. All the info i recall is my Production date which was 0442 =P.

Anyways I get a score of 5225 on 3dmark 05 (with the patch) None of my parts were overclocked and I used the Latest drivers from Nvidia.com mine telling me what you got with stock settings without your OC.? :confused:

Capt, heres my cpu and mem.....
cpumem1.JPG

Thanks Cent your the man Bro!!!!

Any other takers.

I know one I would like to hear from Is James Earl Ray

Hey Capt, you told me to post in here with some info on my FX-55. I currently am at 3.0 on air....the XP-120. At 1.525V. Is there a program that will tell me the numbers you seek, because to be honest the XP-120 is a pain in the you know what to take off. Here are my specs if it helps:

AMD FX-55 @ 3.0 w/XP-120
2X512 OCZ Platinum Rev.2 @ 550 1T (2.5-3-3-7)
DFI Ultra-D @ 275 fsb
6800GT flashed to 420/1150 w/Nvsilencer5

That covers what you would want to know. Yeah, i would love to help out, tell me if there is a program that will give the numbers you want and ill post back. Have you come to any conclusions yet? Id love to hear what you think, this is my first AMD and im like a sponge.

Tripp17 said:
Hey Capt, you told me to post in here with some info on my FX-55. I currently am at 3.0 on air....the XP-120. At 1.525V. Is there a program that will tell me the numbers you seek, because to be honest the XP-120 is a pain in the you know what to take off. Here are my specs if it helps:

AMD FX-55 @ 3.0 w/XP-120
2X512 OCZ Platinum Rev.2 @ 550 1T (2.5-3-3-7)
DFI Ultra-D @ 275 fsb
6800GT flashed to 420/1150 w/Nvsilencer5

That covers what you would want to know. Yeah, i would love to help out, tell me if there is a program that will give the numbers you want and ill post back. Have you come to any conclusions yet? Id love to hear what you think, this is my first AMD and im like a sponge.

Actually there is not a program to my Knowledge that will do this. The only way is to see the numbers on the CPU. I know I would as well as many others really like to know what the codes and production date are. If at all possible it would be very appreciated. As a future recomendation I would recomend taking a pick of those parts before installation on future setups so you can make a record of them. Ahhhh yes and I do know how hard it is to take the ole HSF off. You oughta try it with an H2o cooling system. Thats a real pain!!!

Thanks for any info you could throw us on that CPU code.

The Cpt.

Week 42x7= 294(Oct) 48x7=336(Nov) get it 365 days in a year.

If Im wrong ill feel really stupid so save me the embarrassment and dont correct me if i am :D

and mine is

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0442GPMW

Stock FX55 Retail Heatsink FAN with Artic Silver 5 getting bios temp readings of 38-40c

Tripp17 said:
I have another question, what does "week 42" or "week 48" mean??

Jasonx82 said:

If Im wrong ill feel really stupid so save me the embarrassment and dont correct me if i am :D

You were fairly close but not quite. Sorry man, Just so we have the facts on the matter We wanna post whats correct. And dont feel stupid...... Not here to make anyone feel like that. what we want is to hopfully know and understand more about the chips we posses and if they are very different from one another or not.
SO here is what your looking at

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0448XRBW -------------------THIS IS THE LINE IN QUESTION SEE BELOW
1159512L40025

The 0448 in the second row of numbers indicates the year 04 and the week of production. Ie (52 weeks in a year) so mine is a 48th week of 2004 or it was made the week of the 21st to the 27th of November of 2004.

The Cpt

Ok, i took the numbers down, but i didnt take a pic as i didnt have a camera, not only that but when i was done cleaning her up.....i realized i had no more AS3 left!!!! Luckly i had some Artic Alumina lying around. Any way, here goes:

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0445CPMW
113759 2K40053

I hope that means something to you as it was a real pain to take off the XP-120 and find thermal paste........So, can you tell me anything or dont know yet? Im new with AMD and would like to know all i can. Thanks!

Thats what I meant I just didnt put a date because i didnt wanna figure out the exact day =) cuz some months have 31 and 30 and feb having 28.. days outta the month besides me at work.. :D

Captin Insano said:
You were fairly close but not quite. Sorry man, Just so we have the facts on the matter We wanna post whats correct. And dont feel stupid...... Not here to make anyone feel like that. what we want is to hopfully know and understand more about the chips we posses and if they are very different from one another or not.
SO here is what your looking at

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0448XRBW -------------------THIS IS THE LINE IN QUESTION SEE BELOW
1159512L40025

The 0448 in the second row of numbers indicates the year 04 and the week of production. Ie (52 weeks in a year) so mine is a 48th week of 2004 or it was made the week of the 21st to the 27th of November of 2004.

The Cpt

Jasonx82 said:

and mine is

ADAFX55DEI5AS
CAA2C 0442GPMW

Stock FX55 Retail Heatsink FAN with Artic Silver 5 getting bios temp readings of 38-40c
Jason, we got the same week 42 :D ...Mine oc like a demon ;)

Back