FX 9590 Facts I have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to think on this man. The wife is done her job today, cut backs you know. So that kind of spending will be iffy at the moment. She has a couple leads but no real employment as of yet.

So do you really think your wife is gonna buy the "I'm just testing" line?

104hpo3.jpg

23jzuw.jpg

242vpk6.jpg

14wyrm1.jpg

64m6at.jpg

Johan45- some fast pix for you if you want to see head evap unit let me know so far how does it look its close to 350 watts cooling power approx.

Last edited:
Looks good Eagle, I responded to your PM. Just curious with these units is the temp adjustable or is it just on or off?

Looks good Eagle, I responded to your PM. Just curious with these units is the temp adjustable or is it just on or off?

PLEASE EMAIL THE OWNER OF LD COOLING "ALES"

Ales - LDcooling <[email protected]>

this pix is from his installation booklet that came with unit J45 the 2 red/black wires you hook up to motherboard, there is no ALTERING OF CONTROLLER but you can change controller or make it on / off from another site

2vmey5x.png

Thanks Eagle, that all I needed to know. I didn't think the temp was "easily" adjustable. I was just curious some of the old AMD stuff doesn't like things below -20c it cold bugs very easily.

Thanks Eagle, that all I needed to know. I didn't think the temp was "easily" adjustable. I was just curious some of the old AMD stuff doesn't like things below -20c it cold bugs very easily.

I ran 8350 1100T and 9590 with my phase change no problem at all, the only problem was I was going to FAST than other people and totally STABLE :)

IGWT

The FX line doesn't cold bug. Phenom 2's/ Thubans have a cold bug around -80C to -100C

PLEASE EMAIL THE OWNER OF LD COOLING "ALES"

Ales - LDcooling <[email protected]>

this pix is from his installation booklet that came with unit J45 the 2 red/black wires you hook up to motherboard, there is no ALTERING OF CONTROLLER but you can change controller or make it on / off from another site

Man having to wait 4 mins just for your pc to boot after you press your power button. Its like stepping back 15 years and waiting for those old ass hard drives to load windows. I guess that is the downside to phase change, takes a little while to get going first.

I've always wanted to play with one. They are just a little to pricey for me. Perhaps I will build own one of these days from a Old freezer.

The FX line doesn't cold bug. Phenom 2's/ Thubans have a cold bug around -80C to -100C

Funny you say that. I was under the impression they didn't have any cold issues but found out otherwise. Apparently it's a bit more complicated than yes or no. In the right circumstances they should be benchable at -180c but I was having some difficulty so I started this thread here. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...enomII-and-CHV-z-microcode-issue&goto=newpost

On the CHV-z I was benching a 955 at about -120ish after that it would lock up.

Take a Look at this SS PhaseChange Beauty being built
1 Horsepower Condenser, almost 13inch Fan, with a Fan control Knob, runs pretty Quiet

Thanks for Looking

hunmko.jpg

Yes it's being built now by the Builder, Im going to have the Case and fan-guard built in California
at my buddy's shop about 27" long 16" H 17" W
my computer case I have now will mount on top of this "Super.Monster case"
Thanks

Last edited:
Good stuff buddy, whats the drop down temp on that thing?? Or does it just hold better under load?

Good stuff buddy, whats the drop down temp on that thing?? Or does it just hold better under load?

well the smaller 3/4HP monster phasechange drops about 1 or 2 degrees from one person who has one he does Intel's and AMD's, I figured why not get the 1HP condenser and the Builder said ya, it was not that much more......Yes it HOLDS the LOAD BUDDY VERY WELL

here's the 3/4 monster phase change the one smaller than what Im getting, Mine is the next size condenser up from that Below

epq720.jpg

I've always wanted to play with one. They are just a little to pricey for me. Perhaps I will build own one of these days from a Old freezer.
Just FYI the coolers in refrigerators and freezers are designed to make something cold over time and then hold it there against thermal leakage through the insulated container, not constantly cool several hundred watts worth of power constantly. To see how well an "old freezer" would actually cool your CPU, get a 300W room heater and toss it in your freezer. It will be about that bad.

Just FYI the coolers in refrigerators and freezers are designed to make something cold over time and then hold it there against thermal leakage through the insulated container, not constantly cool several hundred watts worth of power constantly. To see how well an "old freezer" would actually cool your CPU, get a 300W room heater and toss it in your freezer. It will be about that bad.

there is plenty of room for improvement in the freezers system. The compressor used in the freezer is more than powerful enough to make a decent Evap system.

Doesn't quite work that way. Refrigerator cools a space, specified in cubic ft/m. A phase changer pulls heat from a source directly.

I have an air conditioned case and can tell you it works great, same concept of a refrigerator except greater air movement.

I picked up a new FX9370 in an odd trade. A fellas sister had gotten an FX9370 and some crappy board in a combo and the board blew up. He traded his sister something for the 9370 but it wouldn't work in his board so I swapped my low volt 8320 for it. Turned out the board had killed the CPU so I RMA'd it and got one of the "new" batch from 1429.
So far it's quite impressive. 5.1G at 1.46v on a CHVF using my chilled water loop.

23169d1429876587-new-fx9370-batch-number-1429-new-9370-5.1-45min.jpg

I had a hunch but a man can hope that someone pulled a miracle and got their 9590 to Prime95 at over 6 GHz. Nice regardless.

I know that Eagle was running his in that range at one time with the SS. Not sure what he's up to. Haven't heard from him in a while.

I tried that and many other combinations. Tried for hours actually and that was done on my first run through. There's always another day. I know they can handle the voltage i had the FX6350 just over 2.0.
This one just seemed to crash sooner if I had the voltage much higher. Not sure what to try next time, maybe more combos with the switching frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back